Fished Brighton Sat 24th.

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Fished Brighton Sat 24th.

Post by hornet » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Fishing times from 5pm to 1am.. pier not break wall...

Hi guy's, is landbased near Melbourne getting harder or is it just poor timing on my behalf ? seems I have more success on the other side of the bay on indented head, anyway as I drove past Lagoon I noticed only 3 guys fishing, something not right there !

This time of year it should be packed ! so I continue on to Brighton, when I get there same thing hardly anyone there ? whats going on I thought ! is there something I don't don't know ? so I set up with two big guns.

One with whole pilchard and one with Squid head, and one mobile set up to try my luck for fresh squid, I tried 2.5 / 3.0 / 3.5 jigs in various colors and different spots around the pier, zippo ! their not playing tonight.

The big guns remained silent all night, Brighton to me is one of those piers that fish good maybe 1 trip out of 6 trips but that's just my opinion, my buddies son did manage a Ludrick on a sliver of pilchard of all things, this is strange seeing they are a vegetarian species.

The only other captures I saw were two very large whiting taken on packet prawns also 6 average size squid from a guy fishing half way up the break wall.

I don't fish this side of the bay often because of this miss or hit nature, my up coming trips will be the other side of the bay, stay tuned for more riveting seat of your pants stuff !

below some some picks of the sunset and the Ludrick............ And my cat fish had another litter the horny devils ! They love zucchini ...

Last edited by hornet on Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Fished Brighton Sat 24th.

Post by DougieK » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:16 pm

I don't really fish north of Frankston in the Bay but i think the lack of population has a lot to do with people on social media wising up to where fish are biting.

I haven't seen a really good report from Brighton yet this season so i'd guess everyone was at Mordialloc where a couple of snapper and a really good sambo were taken recently.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Mordialloc must have been a blast this weekend then. I'd almost prefer no fish to dealing with crowds on jetties.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:54 pm

I fished Brighton on Friday just past, there was heaps of anglers & no one caught anything :down:

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Guess there are good days and bad days at every pier when the fish are shut down for some reason.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”