brighton tonight

Brighton Pier, Elwood, Sandringham and surrounds
complete-anglerz-12

brighton tonight

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:47 am

been a week since i wet a line so tonight i plan to fish brighton from 12 till atleast 6 am chaseing pinkies and squid anyone had any luck their of late or going tonight.
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

azkay

Re: brighton tonight

Post by azkay » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:21 pm

I haven't been for about a week or so. Last couple of trips there were huge numbers of the smaller pinkies on the rocks and squid ink about half way up the concrete.. Did get a decent load up on the bigger bait, but spat it a few seconds in.. Mate of mine got a legal 40cm+ Pinky and a decent Flatty last week amongst the smaller ones.
The smaller pinkies go nuts at sunset and there was a report from memory a couple of days ago of a few decent 35-40ish Pinkies in the St Kilda Area so I think your a chance after dark.. Just had a look at the conditions and the slight scheduled onshore and midnight high tide sounds good too. As bait, I found some squid with bait buddy kept it in the water a little longer. Might help give the bigger fish a chance.

Good Luck :)
Last edited by azkay on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Az.

Stairs

Post by Stairs » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:33 pm

I went up twice in the last fortnight for squid only; very quiet - 1 escapee in 6 hours. Let us know how you go!

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:27 pm

the weather is looking like it might not play ball or more to the point the wind
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”