dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: brighton pier

Post by dazz999 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:32 pm
dazz999 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:21 pm
same as last week 38cm still lots of little pinkys around tryed a tiny treble at the base of the tail well that didnt work still got pants plenty of pike around

one of the float fisherman was doing really well best i saw was a pinky/snapper going i would say close to 40cm the rods they use are awesome

yesterday a guy was catching whiting all around 25cm on prawn he put them back in the drink

Awesome dazz999. Who needs to go to the Fishmongers, just grab a rod and go to Brighton Pier. Looking over your posts, Brighton Pier has put fish on your table on a very regular basis.

The two notable things for me are that you see what the other fishos are doing, which is a great way to learn on how to fish a spot AND that you shared that with us. Awesome.

dazz999, you are 1000 in my books

Cheers, Bugatti
all good bud fishing is like hunting you have to keep alert look at whats happening in the water .i dont mind sharing there,s alot off fish in the water but sometimes you give people a tip and they just continue doing the opposite .i think it was last year tons of salmon every cast bang on after about 40 fish (kept throwing them back)the salmon were in close to the rock,s so all you needed was a short cast parallel to the rocks some teenages were casting as far as they could from the rock,s so gave them a tip they just kept casting as far as they could anyway a guy fishing with bait not far away say,s to them didnt you hear what he just said i,ve just watched him catch fish after fish

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:24 am

dazz999 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:47 pm

i dont mind sharing there,s alot off fish in the water

but sometimes you give people a tip and they just continue doing the opposite
You are toooo right dazz.

Just seeing what the others who are catching are doing helps improve our own skills. The old "see what the locals are doing"

There is plenty for everyone to have a share (not withstanding leaving the noobs be noobs, some "fishos" are experts beyond help).

Here's another SA forum dude and I, while we were out crabbing, helping and teaching kids about crabbing. They pulled in our nets and we let them keep their crabs that they pulled in AND some of them with their parents would then buy their own nets and get amongst them on future trips.

B 1.jpg
B 1.jpg (11.97 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
M 1.jpg
M 1.jpg (17.24 KiB) Viewed 2016 times

Here's another SA forum Dude (Max, and he is a Dude, top bloke). He put the feelers out on what was the best bait for crabs. We did better, arranged to meet him and his mate on Semaphore Jetty and shared our local knowledge together. There were two more subsequent trips , , , , the planktillas. They ended with a heap of SA fine Blues. What fishing is all about.

Planktilla 2 - Copy.jpg
Planktilla 2 - Copy.jpg (16.95 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
planktilla2 a.jpg
planktilla2 a.jpg (17.02 KiB) Viewed 2016 times
Planktilla 3 - Copy.jpg
Planktilla 3 - Copy.jpg (20.9 KiB) Viewed 2016 times

And nice to see that it happens on here too.

Cheers, Bugatti

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:38 am

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:24 am
dazz999 wrote:

Just seeing what the others who are catching are doing helps improve our own skills. The old "see what the locals are doing"

There is plenty for everyone to have a share (not withstanding leaving the noobs be noobs, some "fishos" are experts beyond help).

Here's another SA forum dude and I, while we were out crabbing, helping and teaching kids about crabbing. They pulled in our nets and we let them keep their crabs that they pulled in AND some of them with their parents would then buy their own nets and get amongst them on future trips.

B 1.jpg
M 1.jpg

Here's another SA forum Dude (Max, and he is a Dude, top bloke). He put the feelers out on what was the best bait for crabs. We did better, arranged to meet him and his mate on Semaphore Jetty and shared our local knowledge together. There were two more subsequent trips , , , , the planktillas. They ended with a heap of SA fine Blues. What fishing is all about.

Planktilla 2 - Copy.jpg
planktilla2 a.jpg
Planktilla 3 - Copy.jpg

Cheers, Bugatti
Good story there Bugatti, thanks for sharing.

True, even two persons fishing on the same spot, same time, same gear, same bait/lure may have different results. Sharing skills and knowledge won't make "your hot spot" disappear.
Sharing is caring.
Looking at the faces of kids smiling catching a fish or two is priceless.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:55 am

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:24 am
dazz999 wrote:

B 1.jpg
M 1.jpg

Planktilla 2 - Copy.jpg
planktilla2 a.jpg
Planktilla 3 - Copy.jpg

Cheers, Bugatti
Great haul of blue swimmers.
Looks like a decent size sand crab as well. Nice :thumbsup:

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:59 pm

havent been to brighton pier much and cant remember how much lighting it has. First light is so late at the moment. 7am! thinking about hitting it on sunday morning to practice my poor SP game lol would rather try and get there as early as possible since i really only have till 9am. anyways weighing up on brighton on Sandringham which i have never been to
thanks!

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:53 pm

tbcha1 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:59 pm
havent been to brighton pier much and cant remember how much lighting it has. First light is so late at the moment. 7am! thinking about hitting it on sunday morning to practice my poor SP game lol would rather try and get there as early as possible since i really only have till 9am. anyways weighing up on brighton on Sandringham which i have never been to
thanks!
give it a shot at brighton still a lot of small pinky,s around as with everywhere tip superglue your softplastic on so you dont get pant,s but there are some bigger fish around

tbcha1

Post by tbcha1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:45 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:53 pm
tbcha1 wrote:
thanks!
give it a shot at brighton still a lot of small pinky,s around as with everywhere tip superglue your softplastic on so you dont get pant,s but there are some bigger fish around
Is there lights at Brighton? First light is at 7am these days but thinking about getting there around 6pm. Don't have a head torch but could look at getting one

tbcha1

Post by tbcha1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:58 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Check out this video on a tip on not getting pantsed without using superglue. Only con is you are kind of locked in to using the one lure and it kinda wrecks it a bit if u do try to change

https://youtu.be/0SRRle0C1QE

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:06 pm

tbcha1 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:45 pm
dazz999 wrote:
tbcha1 wrote:
thanks!
Is there lights at Brighton? First light is at 7am these days but thinking about getting there around 6pm. Don't have a head torch but could look at getting one
There are lights there mate :) would definitely recommend getting a headlight if fishing after dark :thumbsup:

tbcha1

Post by tbcha1 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:34 am

Lightningx wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:06 pm
There are lights there mate :) would definitely recommend getting a headlight if fishing after dark :thumbsup:
thanks got there this morning around 30min before first light and wasnt too bad and was fairly well lit.

When i go fishing i always thought the worse thing is a plague of fn puffers and nothing could be worse.
But today Brighton pier showed me there are things worse. There was a plague of swimmers and among them were the special kind. Ones
that have the whole bloody bay but stop right in front of you to chat for ages while there was no one really close around me fishing so there were plenty of room for them to move. Swimmers would swim right against the rocks as well so was would have been a real pain for the bait fishermans around haha
Got a few hits and pantsed a few time. Only hooked up on 1 pinkie. Saw a few bait fisherman pulling up small pinkies and a flatty. One guy caught a few squid off the rocks while i was there as well.

Return to “Brighton to Sandringham”