Tackle website

melaco

Re: Tackle website

Post by melaco » Sat May 18, 2013 10:36 pm

wokka1 wrote:Torpedo 7 has been around for several years, offshoot of "catch of the day" dot com. They started off with cycling gear and have expanded. Their specials are usually cyclical ie, the same stuff will keep coming up on special till they sell out of it. Occasionally very good prices on runout stuff. Ignore their quoted retail price as it's inflated and they never sell at retail anyway.

As a for instance the symetre reel special has come up maybe 4 times already this year and will continue to do so till they run out of them.

In short you can trust them. Any issues will be dealt with promptly. They once sent me the wrong size in a $ 50 piece of kit, a phone call was all it took to get another sent out and they said without prompting to keep the original as well. Postage is usually pretty quick.

Wokka.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you very much :victory:

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Sat May 18, 2013 10:52 pm

A great site for some really cheap items at time. Have been using it and would recommend it to anyone. They have an Oz warehouse where they ship all their items within Oz.

Cheers :)

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

BrynnF

Post by BrynnF » Sat May 18, 2013 10:58 pm

I have bought a couple of things off there a while ago and had no problems.
Brynn

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Sat May 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up re import charges.

There are two organisations in Australia who are both involved in & can charge you for services etc associated with bringing anything into Australia, of any value. They are Customs & AQIS (Aust Quarantine & Inspection Services) or something like that.

The current $1000 threshold only applied to gst. If your purchase equates to aud$1000 or more including shopping/freight charges you will have to pay gst.

So the extra charges you can possibly get hit with & are completely randomly selected are:

Customs clearance charges. This is when you are required to declare in writing what you are importing & if you know how to, you can lodge a declaration yourself or pay an agent to do it for you. Approx $150-$200

Xray charges. If AQIS randomly decide to xray your parcel you get sent a letter & bill to pay in order to have your parcel released. I can't remember the cost but for a personal qty it may be significant.

All of the above & more, do apply to every method of freight/shipping/postage. But I do want to add that given the resources versus qty of imports, I would say most people's odds of a fee are pretty slim.

Of course it's a different situation for people like me. We pay customs & gst etc on everything due to the qty imported. Unless of course we are talking about an Aussie made product.

I hope this helps a bit.

Cheers Amanda
Last edited by SFP Chick on Sun May 19, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sun May 19, 2013 7:11 am

SFP Chick wrote:Hi everyone,

There are two organisations in Australia who are both involved in & can charge you for services etc associated with bringing anything into Australia, of any value. They are Customs & AQIS (Aust Quarantine & Import Services) or something like that.

The current $1000 threshold only applied to gst. If your purchase equates to aud$1000 or more including shopping/freight charges you will have to pay gst.

So the extra charges you can possibly get hit with & are completely randomly selected are:

Customs clearance charges. This is when you are required to declare in writing what you are importing & if you know how to, you can lodge a declaration yourself or pay an agent to do it for you. Approx $150-$200

Xray charges. If AQIS randomly decide to xray your parcel you get sent a letter & bill to pay in order to have your parcel released. I can't remember the cost but for a personal qty it may be significant.

All of the above & more, do apply to every method of freight/shipping/postage. But I do want to add that given the resources versus qty of imports, I would say most people's odds of a fee are pretty slim.

Of course it's a different situation for people like me. We pay customs & gst etc on everything due to the qty imported. Unless of course we are talking about an Aussie made product.

I hope this helps a bit.

Cheers Amanda
:good: A wealth of information, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:05 am

Just had a quick look. Nothing special IMO...
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Sun May 19, 2013 2:51 pm

davek wrote:
SFP Chick wrote:Hi everyone,

There are two organisations in Australia who are both involved in & can charge you for services etc associated with bringing anything into Australia, of any value. They are Customs & AQIS (Aust Quarantine & Import Services) or something like that.

I hope this helps a bit.

Cheers Amanda
:good: A wealth of information, cheers davo
Thanks heaps, i do try to make my contributions informative. Or at least funny.

:banana:

Amanda

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun May 19, 2013 2:55 pm

Have used torpedo for cycling gear in the past....very good service.

Return to “Fishing sales, deals and bargains”