Post by Fish-cador » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:21 pm

glad I have left over popcorn
Attachments
watching.jpg
watching.jpg (34.53 KiB) Viewed 1013 times

brybry

Re: ?.....?

Post by brybry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:28 pm

No problem with posting specific bargains but unless bcf, anaconda, dangler, tackle world etc etc subsidise this site I don't think we should be posting their catalogues and giving them free advertising.

Just my opinion

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:46 pm

Fish-cador wrote:glad I have left over popcorn
Bahahaha didn't figure you for a Jackson fan FC
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Mutley and Scruffy

Post by Mutley and Scruffy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:45 am

brybry wrote:No problem with posting specific bargains but unless bcf, anaconda, dangler, tackle world etc etc subsidise this site I don't think we should be posting their catalogues and giving them free advertising.

Just my opinion
And a sound opinion at that! I approached Admin last year about this section. Jon said he received good feedback regarding this section and therefore it was staying. At the time I was going to approach a local a company which may have come on board as sponsors. But there was no way I was going to approach them and also say, by the way, there is a section where everyone gets their stuff advertised for free...so I left it.

As it is now, with no sponsors, I don't think there is any issues with having this section...except it likely will prevent anyone from sponsoring the site. There just needs to be some consistency and generally the mods are on top of it. New guy first post promoting a business...it will be dealt with, an established member posting links to sales etc is fine.
cheers
Team M & S
Smarter than the average dog!

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:16 pm

brybry wrote:No problem with posting specific bargains but unless bcf, anaconda, dangler, tackle world etc etc subsidise this site I don't think we should be posting their catalogues and giving them free advertising.

Just my opinion
Posting a brochure or whatever would be pretty insignificant compared to the exposure those big guys would be getting. Regardless, if it helps a FV member find a good deal on a bit of gear it can only be a good thing. I know I don't check the all the various bits of spam BCF, Anaconda Sneaky Fisho etc send me so if someone else has seen an exceptional deal and posts it here it is really handy.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Fishing sales, deals and bargains”