fishingtackleshop.com.au

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

fishingtackleshop.com.au

Post by Basti » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:02 pm

got an email and thought i'd share. cheapest rareniums i've seen.

http://www.fishingtackleshop.com.au/cat ... t=priceasc

also the following
ci4+stradic 1000 and bonus lures
http://www.fishingtackleshop.com.au/pro ... -reel.html

Shimano TR200g Overhead

Shimano Symetre Reel + FREE PENN REEL

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: fishingtackleshop.com.au

Post by mazman » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:26 pm

I've always wanted a rarenium, shame they had to come on sale now
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:27 pm

They have a good variety of fishing tackle there, I bought four F-3 Rapala juvenile rainbow trout lures ($12.95 ea) off them a couple of weeks ago, was lucky as the day I bought them they had a day of free delivery. They were very prompt with sending my order as well as confirmation of the carrier & tracking.
Cheers
Adrian
F_BJRT.jpg
Bought four of the new pattern Rapala F-3's
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:57 pm

Is the tr200 any good for sharks, tuna, etc? It only has 6kg of drag but I suppose it could be upped with carbon washers a bit? Any thoughts on how it compares to the charter special or the tld's? Is 500m of 40lb enough for makos and school tuna, say up to 25kg? Seems such a good price I'm tempted to buy a full spread and head to Portland. Or am I kidding myself?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:05 pm

I got this email as well :thumbsup:
Another good one is

https://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au/pro ... &x=30&y=20

Bought a stradic ci4+ 4000FA a week ago for $199 plus free delivery and only took 2 days to arrive from tweed heads in QLD.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:04 am

skronkman wrote:Is the tr200 any good for sharks, tuna, etc? It only has 6kg of drag but I suppose it could be upped with carbon washers a bit? Any thoughts on how it compares to the charter special or the tld's? Is 500m of 40lb enough for makos and school tuna, say up to 25kg? Seems such a good price I'm tempted to buy a full spread and head to Portland. Or am I kidding myself?
wouldn't have a clue man, i haven't had any experience with overheads so can't comment.

i dug through my old emails because i remember that they send you automated ones with sweeteners if you leave your cart too long without checking out. Found these two coupons and they both still work for me.

"Choose 1 from the following 2 coupons. Whichever personally gives you best value or suits you best.

A) 5% off your entire order - use coupon code MYFTSDEAL5 (No minimum order value is required)

B) Free Shipping (Australia only) - Use coupon code MYFTSDEALPOST (ONLY AUD$50 minimum order spend required)"
mazman wrote:I've always wanted a rarenium, shame they had to come on sale now
i prefer the rarenium to the stradics, the gear ratio makes them really nice to wind and they're better looking imo

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:45 am

skronkman wrote:Is the tr200 any good for sharks, tuna, etc? It only has 6kg of drag but I suppose it could be upped with carbon washers a bit? Any thoughts on how it compares to the charter special or the tld's? Is 500m of 40lb enough for makos and school tuna, say up to 25kg? Seems such a good price I'm tempted to buy a full spread and head to Portland. Or am I kidding myself?
the only difference between a tr200g (star drag). charter special tr200ld is the lever drag. I use charter specials in westernport all the time less line twist and have accounted for a few big 7 gills 18 to 30 kg range. I used to have a tr200g years ago and my best schoolie was caught using it (6ft) I changed to charter specials because of the lever drag made it easier to adjust the drag whilst fighting the fish

skronkman

Post by skronkman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:00 am

Just got a pop up on the website saying free shipping today only. Coupon code FREIGHT9678.

thanks for the feedback on the tr200. Seems like good value to me. Lever drag is preferable to star but not sure it's worth double the price to me.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:22 am

Used to use tr200s in Westernport before going to charters. Still have the 200s for the rare gaybay bait session. They're good enough to cast an unweighted silver Whiting a good 30m without upgrades with practice. Skip using them on Tuna or large sharks though

skronkman

Post by skronkman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:16 pm

Arh, ok then. I might drop in somewhere and check em out before I commit. I'm happy with my egg beaters for most of my bay fishing. Was thinking of offshore and larger specimens of the piscatorial variety. Thanks for the info.

Return to “Fishing sales, deals and bargains”