Quantum Smoke Baitcaster.

Rod Bender

Quantum Smoke Baitcaster.

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi all
Noticed the prices of the Quantum Smoke baitcasters in my local BCF (Shepparton) store. Two different sizes, the 'larger' SL 150 SPT model and the smaller '100' model from memory. Anyway, price on the smaller model is around $230 and the price on the larger model is $150! I thought it may have been a mistake. I thought about purchasing one but decided not too...although that may change! :) I asked them if it was a mistake and the guy said no...it is normal price for that size and he can't explain why the smaller one is more expensive.

I haven't used one myself but have heard good things about them. If you are interested I would assume they have the same price on them statewide. The salesperson commented that the reel had a high retrieve ratio which puts him off of the reel. The ratio is 6.6 to 1(there are faster ones out there) and it holds 135 yards of 12 pound line. Me thinks that capacity would be in relation to mono capacity. Check them out in your local BCF if interested...apologies if other stores are not the same.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Quantum Smoke Baitcaster.

Post by DougieK » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:18 pm

I can't comment on that model, BUT i'm using a Quantam Cabo 40 (shimano 4000 size) for all my mid weight spinning and it's freaking fantastic.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:13 pm

I reckon if I had a choice now I would make al my reels Quantum, I have the 1000 size evo and it looks like a little toy but boy what a rel

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Fishsniper wrote:I reckon if I had a choice now I would make al my reels Quantum, I have the 1000 sizeevoand it looks like a little toy but boy what a rel
Did you mean 'Exo' Frank?
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:00 am

Yes thats it Jim, great reels

Return to “Fishing sales, deals and bargains”