Mako Survey, Win a Reel

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
MakoRob

Mako Survey, Win a Reel

Post by MakoRob » Fri May 09, 2014 10:41 am

Hey guys,

My name is Rob French, I have been putting satellite tags out on mako sharks in NSW/TAS for a few years now as part of my studies at Utas. I'm currently putting out a mako fishing survey in south eastern Australia (Tas, Vic, NSW) as part of my PhD project. The questionnaire looks at different peoples motivations for keeping and/or releasing sharks, and compares it to their fishing experience and gear use etc. It also asks some questions about how much trust people have in management and their opinions on fisheries.

It's a longish survey (should take about 20-25mins), so anyone that takes the time to complete it goes into the draw to win a Shimano Tyrnos 50-2spd.

All of the responses are completely anonymous, and confidential. There is also an information sheet at the start of the survey if you wanted to find out more.

Here is the link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/makosurvey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to promote the survey through facebook or other media please feel free to do so as well. The more responses, the better!

Thanks everyone!

Mappo

Re: Mako Survey, Win a Reel

Post by Mappo » Fri May 09, 2014 11:37 am

Done and thank for the opportunity :a_goodjob:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri May 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Done

widgeon58

Post by widgeon58 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:55 pm

Done, and thanks to Rob for undertaking the study and survey all the best with the thesis.

MakoRob

Post by MakoRob » Fri May 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks guys. And more than welcome!

Happy to answer any questions through here too.

Cheers!

fishguts

Post by fishguts » Fri May 09, 2014 2:11 pm

done
May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:14 pm

done

jessos1

Post by jessos1 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Done, never targeted mako's or caught one but I've filled it out the way i felt.
PB's (most are estimates no brag mat) Carp 40cm, Redfin 35cm, Silver Trevally 27cm, Eel 1m+, Mullet 25cm, Sand whiting 20cm.
Wish list: Rainbow and Brown Trout, Bigger Redfin, Gummy Shark, Estuary Perch and Snapper

MakoRob

Post by MakoRob » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Just a reminder that the mako survey will only be open for another month. So if anyone was still interested in completing it; here is your chance. The survey and the entry forms for the prize draw will close on September 1st.

Thanks Again!
Rob

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/makosurvey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MakoRob

Post by MakoRob » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi everyone. Just a reminder that the survey closes at midnight tonight. So LAST CALL for anyone still interested in participating.

A big thank you to all of the people that have already taken the time to participate.

Regards, Rob

Return to “Shark Fishing”