Fishing westernports top end HELP!

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Fishing westernports top end HELP!

Post by ducky » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:25 pm

slinga wrote:^^What he said.

Daytime only though. Burley is a must being replaced every 15min with Tuna oil.

It's called BP/Wooley's jetty.

Some awesome squid grounds along Hastings too.
Ah you've nutted out that it doesn't really produce fish during night hours as well. Plenty of times we've launched at 3am and struggled to get bait until dawn. Only time I've caught a few during dark was throwing turtleback worms.

aussie_fisho

Post by aussie_fisho » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Does anyone know the best wind direction to fish the bouchier or horseshoe channel, and any report from the area
Here fishy fishy.......

slinga

Post by slinga » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:31 pm

ducky wrote:
slinga wrote:^^What he said.

Daytime only though. Burley is a must being replaced every 15min with Tuna oil.

It's called BP/Wooley's jetty.

Some awesome squid grounds along Hastings too.
Ah you've nutted out that it doesn't really produce fish during night hours as well. Plenty of times we've launched at 3am and struggled to get bait until dawn. Only time I've caught a few during dark was throwing turtleback worms.
In an hour there last night got 6 yakkas, 5 Trevally, and 3 Slimeys lol
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

slinga

Post by slinga » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:32 pm

aussie_fisho wrote:Does anyone know the best wind direction to fish the bouchier or horseshoe channel, and any report from the area
Some good feeds of Whiting have been taken.

Depends on the tide. Wind against tide is always tough.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

aussie_fisho

Post by aussie_fisho » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Talking about the baitgrounds, quick question, when anchored near wooleys pier is it that you have to stay 100m away at all times on both sides, from memory there was a little sign that said something anchoring 100m away when there is a boat moored to the pier. Not entirely sure on this so?
Here fishy fishy.......

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:14 pm

As a general rule stay out of the imaginary line between the two yellow posts each side of the jetty and you can't go wrong.

aussie_fisho

Post by aussie_fisho » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm using this thread instead of opening another, but the topic is similar. Heading out tomorrow and launching from Warneet, can anyone tell me roughly how far horseshoe and bouchier channel is from warneet ramp. And secondly how do I access the horseshoe, can I cross over from the other channels or do I have to travel up the mouth.
Here fishy fishy.......

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:54 pm

aussie_fisho wrote:I'm using this thread instead of opening another, but the topic is similar. Heading out tomorrow and launching from Warneet, can anyone tell me roughly how far horseshoe and bouchier channel is from warneet ramp. And secondly how do I access the horseshoe, can I cross over from the other channels or do I have to travel up the mouth.
Boucher , boltons and horse shoe are all about 8 km from the end of the Warnett channel
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

adsukir34

Fishing westernports top end HELP!

Post by adsukir34 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:42 am

aussie_fisho wrote:I'm using this thread instead of opening another, but the topic is similar. Heading out tomorrow and launching from Warneet, can anyone tell me roughly how far horseshoe and bouchier channel is from warneet ramp. And secondly how do I access the horseshoe, can I cross over from the other channels or do I have to travel up the mouth.

Hey fisho,
It's a fair way up to boultons from warneet depending on what boat your in , iv fished out of tooradin the last 3 times iv headed out ( nigh time ) and fished straight along French island for 5 size gummies and 2 just undersized. So there is plenty of good fish to be had without traveling all the way up to boultons . There are plenty of yakks around you just need to berley up and throw out a bait jig. If your fishing that area I'd recommend you take a chart with you so you can see where the drop offs are.

Cheers Adsy

Return to “Shark Fishing”