Land based western port

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
Toady king

Land based western port

Post by Toady king » Wed May 31, 2017 6:00 pm

How's everyone luck fishing for shark, more specifically gummy shark? I meant a bloke a few weeks ago and he said he has been trying for a month and hadn't caught anything ( later at the tackle shop found out his knows his ****). So I was just how everyone else is finding it

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Land based western port

Post by 4liters » Wed May 31, 2017 6:12 pm

shithouse
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed May 31, 2017 7:13 pm

Toady king wrote:How's everyone luck fishing for shark, more specifically gummy shark? I meant a bloke a few weeks ago and he said he has been trying for a month and hadn't caught anything ( later at the tackle shop found out his knows his sh*t). So I was just how everyone else is finding it

Because a tackleshop, tells it as it is :down:

The fish are there, you just need to get out and catch them.

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Wed May 31, 2017 9:04 pm

I'll let you know after Saturday, all being well I'm fishing Sat WP for Gummies.
I was out about 3 weeks back & was plagued by Ellies, Schoolies & just size Gummies.
But there are heaps there.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Toady king

Post by Toady king » Wed May 31, 2017 9:13 pm

FishnMiss wrote:I'll let you know after Saturday, all being well I'm fishing Sat WP for Gummies.
I was out about 3 weeks back & was plagued by Ellies, Schoolies & just size Gummies.
But there are heaps there.
Are you fishing land based? Im thinking of going out to stockyard on saturday night

FishnMiss

Post by FishnMiss » Wed May 31, 2017 9:19 pm

Haven't fished Stockyard LB but seen blokes pull in some decent fish from there. The hike puts me off but it's a good spot.
*Edit - Sorry no LB, fishing from my yak close to Stockyard though :-)

FishnMiss

Post by FishnMiss » Wed May 31, 2017 9:23 pm

I launch from JJ & I have a few options to choose from, from there.

Toady king

Post by Toady king » Wed May 31, 2017 9:55 pm

FishnMiss wrote:I launch from JJ & I have a few options to choose from, from there.
Good luck and keep me informed :-)

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Toady king wrote:How's everyone luck fishing for shark, more specifically gummy shark? I meant a bloke a few weeks ago and he said he has been trying for a month and hadn't caught anything ( later at the tackle shop found out his knows his sh*t). So I was just how everyone else is finding it
I use to go fishing with this absolute bastard of a bloke and he'd catch the gummies and I'd go home empty handed. Broke my hoodoo go to Venus Bay and catching one there. Took my stepson out in my boat, he drops the bait in the water and within 5 mins brings in a gummy. Felt like throwing overboard, except if I did that I'd pop a few hernias.

Gummy fishing is a matter of being in the right place at the right time. It means countless hours of catching zilch. Then some bastard rocks up cast his bait in and pulls out a fish.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:23 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
I use to go fishing with this absolute bastard of a bloke and he'd catch the gummies and I'd go home empty handed. Broke my hoodoo go to Venus Bay and catching one there. Took my stepson out in my boat, he drops the bait in the water and within 5 mins brings in a gummy. Felt like throwing overboard, except if I did that I'd pop a few hernias.

Gummy fishing is a matter of being in the right place at the right time. It means countless hours of catching zilch. Then some bastard rocks up cast his bait in and pulls out a fish.

Hey, I resemble that remark :banana:

Return to “Shark Fishing”