Land based western port

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
Toady king

Re: Land based western port

Post by Toady king » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:41 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Toady king wrote:How's everyone luck fishing for shark, more specifically gummy shark? I meant a bloke a few weeks ago and he said he has been trying for a month and hadn't caught anything ( later at the tackle shop found out his knows his sh*t). So I was just how everyone else is finding it
I use to go fishing with this absolute bastard of a bloke and he'd catch the gummies and I'd go home empty handed. Broke my hoodoo go to Venus Bay and catching one there. Took my stepson out in my boat, he drops the bait in the water and within 5 mins brings in a gummy. Felt like throwing overboard, except if I did that I'd pop a few hernias.

Gummy fishing is a matter of being in the right place at the right time. It means countless hours of catching zilch. Then some bastard rocks up cast his bait in and pulls out a fish.
Sounds like my mate. We were fishing stockyard for gummy or elephant fish. Anyways after an hour of nothing he goes 'I'm bloody sick of not catching any fish', as soon as he finished he hooks up to a elephant fish haha the timing was so perfect like it was a tv show

Return to “Shark Fishing”