Gummy hunt today 2/4/17

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Gummy hunt today 2/4/17

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Myself and 2 mates chucked the kayaks in at Lang Lang today for a bit of a gummy hunt moving straight out to the first channel I pulled a small but size gummy and a small schooly both returned and things went quite so a move to Palmers channlel and found some more action

another 4 gummies , 2 elephants and a Flatty before the tide stopped and so did the bite

with the tide down and only a 0.15 meter low we went for a bit of a paddle to explore so new areas including getting stuck in the mud and had to wait 15 or 20 min to get enough incoming water to get off

a couple of moves found very little action on the run in tide --- kept one gummy not a monster but some fresh flake for the table

Minny also had a keeper and had both elephant and gummies join him on board though the morning

Mal struggled and had 2 keeper Flatties --- not a bad day on the water even with the wind getting up in the afternoon at least it was with tide
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Gummy hunt today 2/4/17

Post by davek » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:22 pm

Still a good day out cheater. Cheers davo :a_goodjob:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:38 pm

I really do need to get off my arse and get over there for a trip :oops: maybe next year lol

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:15 pm

I promised me young fella an elephant this year but as luck would have it ive got busy and am worken 7 days a week. tryen to bribe the mrs to let me go out on easter sunday but il bet the weather is 20 knots.
I launch from hastings usually because of an annual ticket. I tried Rhyll last year for many small couta and flatty.
sounds like I gotta go futher north

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Went Lang Lang last week. Landed a gummy pup. Released to fight another day. Saw a few Ellie and gummy heads on the sand. My guess the blokes on the kayaks did ok!

Return to “Shark Fishing”