I taut I taw a

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

I taut I taw a

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Tonight I took the puppies down to the beach for their exercise and to cool off, whilst tossing the balls into the water, out of the corner of my eye I saw something silently rise and then sink below the surface, there wasn't a splash or a ripple, I watched the spot to see a fin emerge and then disappear again. This pattern was repeated a few more times, in shallow water.

Because my two live baits would emerge from the water with all four limbs in tact, I assume it wasn't jaws. The fin looked like it just might belong to a large gummy. Sadly I didn't have any rods in the car, so tomorrow whilst my live bait is swimming around I will be putting in a couple of baited rods.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Re: I taut I taw a

Post by Scraglor » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:29 pm

Thats a bit exciting, could also be dolphins. If I were you, I would be holding off on the live bait and throwing out something from the fish shop :P

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:48 am

Scraglor wrote:Thats a bit exciting, could also be dolphins. If I were you, I would be holding off on the live bait and throwing out something from the fish shop :P
There was only one fin, and it was only the fin that emerged, not the back as dolphins do.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:28 am

You know if you've got a length of chain in the garage and your misses has a spare roast in the fridge you could be in with a shot !
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “Shark Fishing”