Lorne

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
Hailttz

Lorne

Post by Hailttz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi all, how's fishing lately? Recently I haven't been able to catch a thing! not even a carp. :(
However I'm still not giving up and currently planning to go shark fishing soon at Lorne. :-D big question is that is it crowded on the pier at night?

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: Lorne

Post by hornet » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:55 pm

This time of year Lorne is packed with holiday makers and screaming kids waiting for you hit the pier to tangle your lines and drive you nuts.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Hailttz

Post by Hailttz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:58 pm

hornet wrote:This time of year Lorne is packed with holiday makers and screaming kids waiting for you hit the pier to tangle your lines and drive you nuts.

Even after sunset?

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:03 pm

How much experience have you had shark fishing ? it's not just sending out a balloon bait, to be successful you need lots of burley the right wind and can take hours or days to lure a shark in close enough to take your bait, any seaside resort pier is always busy at holiday time. If you burley around the swimmers at Lorne your not going to be very popular.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:15 pm

hornet wrote:How much experience have you had shark fishing ? it's not just sending out a balloon bait, to be successful you need lots of burley the right wind and can take hours or days to lure a shark in close enough to take your bait, any seaside resort pier is always busy at holiday time. If you burley around the swimmers at Lorne your not going to be very popular.

There is no need to burley at all. I certainly wouldn't be burleying at any of the piers over the summer holidays, if you do decide to use it.

Hailttz

Post by Hailttz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:05 pm

hornet wrote:How much experience have you had shark fishing ? it's not just sending out a balloon bait, to be successful you need lots of burley the right wind and can take hours or days to lure a shark in close enough to take your bait, any seaside resort pier is always busy at holiday time. If you burley around the swimmers at Lorne your not going to be very popular.
I shark fished quite a bit. However lately I can't even catch bait for some reason.

Hailttz

Post by Hailttz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:07 pm

I think I'll head to the 90 mile then, don't wanna be the cause of a shark attack.

Brett

Post by Brett » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:14 pm

90 mile has been fishing pretty good over the last few weeks. I hope to get down there over the early part if new year.

Hailttz

Post by Hailttz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:00 pm

[quote="Brett"]90 mile has been fishing pretty good over the last few weeks. I hope to get down there over the early part if new year.[/quote

Is the 90 mile good for daytime or is it better at night?

Brett

Post by Brett » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:32 pm

Fishes well day or night, from all reports this last month. Though I'm not sure how many ppl paddle baits out in the dark

Return to “Shark Fishing”