Are the elephants in yet??

Gummy Sharks, Mako Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Elephant Sharks, Banjo Sharks, Port Jackson Sharks, Seven Gill Sharks, and more
Longshot

Re: Are the elephants in yet??

Post by Longshot » Sun May 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Andoki wrote:
zack268 wrote:i cought a good sized one a few years ago at warneet pier in only like 2 metres of water ( you guys know how shallow it is there)
cought what?

Honestly? In a thread asking about Elephant Sharks? He had to be talking about Mulloway obviously.

Back on topic, Headed to Stockyard the other night with a mate, got 4 in about an hour. All released. Unfortunately there were some other people fishing there (about 25 when you count women and kids) Who kept and gutted on the spot every single fish they caught. I counted 9 Ellies. Would have love to have said something, but not real keen on getting stabbed.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun May 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Longshot wrote:
Andoki wrote:
zack268 wrote:i cought a good sized one a few years ago at warneet pier in only like 2 metres of water ( you guys know how shallow it is there)
cought what?

Honestly? In a thread asking about Elephant Sharks? He had to be talking about Mulloway obviously.

Back on topic, Headed to Stockyard the other night with a mate, got 4 in about an hour. All released. Unfortunately there were some other people fishing there (about 25 when you count women and kids) Who kept and gutted on the spot every single fish they caught. I counted 9 Ellies. Would have love to have said something, but not real keen on getting stabbed.

Fisheries would have loved to have heard from you.

slinga

Post by slinga » Mon May 14, 2012 8:39 am

I dont think people realise how short in numbers the Ellies are becoming. Or they're just selfish bastards.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

Return to “Shark Fishing”