Thoughts on this fish filleting table

vinhii

Re: Thoughts on this fish filleting table

Post by vinhii » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:03 pm

looks great,.. but i wouldnt be bothered lugging that thing around just to clean fish lol. i just use the top of my bucket :P
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Nice, but i trying to find a proper one as in a cabinet out the backyard.... dont like to use ramp tables cause it gets to crowded and takes forever to get in line etc..... just get home and the missus does em :tongue: but normally my boatport ends up looking like it just snowed.....(fish scales everywhere specially snapper scales...) they fly everywhere, than quick hose down gurgler.... but have always said ill get her a proper sink out there one day
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:39 pm

I think one factor that's also been overlooked here is the state that some fishos leave the public ramp tables in.
It's not unusual to find fish guts, scales, & all sorts of crap drying on top of the cleaning tables.
These tables are food preparation areas.
If you went into a resturaunt & saw the chef's preparation table looking even 1/2 as bad as some guys leave the fish cleaning tables, you'd never again set foot near that resturaunt for fear of contracting food poisoning.
Some guys simply dont give a s..t about others & obviously couldn't care less if they also poison memebers of their family with tainted fillets, etc. I now carry a squeegee & am willing to spend a couple minutes giving the cleaning table & scrub & scrape before I put my fish on it. I also clean it off after use so the next guy can use it.
The beauty of the table is question is that YOU have control over the state it's left in.
Guys need to take a bit more pride in what they're doing.
I personally reckon the state they leave the public tables in is an excellent reflection of their attitude to others in general, & an accurate reflection of themselves.

Bill.
Last edited by Bartnmax on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Bartnmax wrote:I think one factor that's also been overlooked here is the state that some fishos leave the public ramp tables in.
It's not unusual to find fish guts, scales, & all sorts of crap drying on top of the cleanign tables.
These tables are food preparatiuon areas.
If you went into a resturaunt & saw the chef's preparation table looking even 1/2 as bad as some guys leave the fish cleaning tables, you'd never again set foot near that resturaunt for fear of contacting food poisoning.
Some guys simply doint give a s..t about othgers & obviously couldn't less if they also poison memebers of their family with tained fillets, etc. I now carry a squeegee & am willing toi spend a couple minutes giving the cleaning table & scrub & scrape before I put my fish on it. I also clean it off after use so the next guy can use it.
The beauty of the table is question is that YOU have control over the state it's left in.
Guys need to take a bit more pride in what they're doing.
I personally reckon the state they leave the public tables in is an excellent reflection of their attitude to others in general, & an accurate reflection of themselves.

Bill.

Don't forget the bleach as well, it kills virtually everything. :grin:

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:54 am

Yeah I'm not particularly happy about using bleach on cleaning tables though, as often the runoff goes straight back into the water at the ramp, & as you said "it kills virtually everything".

Bill.

queen fish

Post by queen fish » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:18 pm

I agree with you Bill, I don't clean my fish at the boat ramps for that very reason, My husband and I have an agreement he cleans the boat I clean the fish, most of the time we both have finished what we both are doing together at the same time, but it does depend on how many fish we have caught, it has been known he finishes the boat before I finish the cleaning of the fish. I believe if you confin yourself in the laundry and shut the door open the outside door then there is no fish smell well not as much. Peolpe cleaning at boat ramps can be very selfish and inconsiderate of others, I guess most of the time it is a bragging thing look at what and how many I have caught. We can not change peoples ways but we can set an example for others.

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”