Life jackets for kids?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Life jackets for kids?

Post by smile0784 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 pm

Does anyone have any life jackets that there kids have grown out of that they want to of load for 1/2 price?
I looked at life jackets for my almost 2yo and there about $70 and for the amount of times he go ahead it in the boat while he's having growth spurts he'll only wear it a few times before out grows it.
Last edited by smile0784 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Life jackets for kids?

Post by spudtrans » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 pm

i grabbed a twin pack of foam ones from annaconda, for when any kids come onboard, Marlin Child VIP L100 Foam PFD Yellow $18 dont know how they will fit a nearly 2yo, maybe have a look
cheers spudtrans

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Those Watersnake ones seem like decent ones at a good price, and especially on special. Nice.

smile, sorry we gave our 3 away (we had the range up to 5-6 years). But something to look forwardly to for when your Son gets bigger. Brother inlaw and I, some years back chose the "Raider Ultra" as life jackets for the kids. We have a range of kids between us and did a half each on a set, as his older kids ones were going to be hand-me-downs to my kids BUT we did buy ones for his kids to grow into as well to be fair on all of us. Now we have a good range between us for our kids and guests and such.

but we do recomend these jackets as they are less restrictive for the kids as 5-6 onward

The Raider Ultras are about the $80 mark, a bit pricey BUT more for when your Son gets older and does go out often to warrant the extra dollars (but with plenty of notice you can find them on special). I recommend these as they are the most comfortable and free-er moving for the kids we found. They are more like vests than jackets but are still PFD 1. The Head Rest Flap is more like a collar than an annoying flappy pillow. AND the front bottom has flaps instead of it being one solid piece, these front flaps fold up as the kid sits - where the other rigid front life jackets hit the kids lap and pushes the life jacket up and around their head when they sit.
raider ultra.jpg
raider ultra.jpg (22.01 KiB) Viewed 1432 times

My Son with his Raider Ultra on
f1.JPG
f5.gif
Cheers, Bugatti & little Bugatti

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:12 am

Thanks mate
They look good

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:15 am

Bugatti wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 pm
Those Watersnake ones seem like decent ones at a good price, and especially on special. Nice.

smile, sorry we gave our 3 away (we had the range up to 5-6 years). But something to look forwardly to for when your Son gets bigger. Brother inlaw and I, some years back chose the "Raider Ultra" as life jackets for the kids. We have a range of kids between us and did a half each on a set, as his older kids ones were going to be hand-me-downs to my kids BUT we did buy ones for his kids to grow into as well to be fair on all of us. Now we have a good range between us for our kids and guests and such.

but we do recomend these jackets as they are less restrictive for the kids as 5-6 onward

The Raider Ultras are about the $80 mark, a bit pricey BUT more for when your Son gets older and does go out often to warrant the extra dollars (but with plenty of notice you can find them on special). I recommend these as they are the most comfortable and free-er moving for the kids we found. They are more like vests than jackets but are still PFD 1. The Head Rest Flap is more like a collar than an annoying flappy pillow. AND the front bottom has flaps instead of it being one solid piece, these front flaps fold up as the kid sits - where the other rigid front life jackets hit the kids lap and pushes the life jacket up and around their head when they sit.

raider ultra.jpg

My Son with his Raider Ultra on

f1.JPG

f5.gif

Look like good option for in a few years and doesn't grow so fast

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:02 am

Bugatti wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Thanks for that....the ones I've got my kids look really uncomfortable (its like those big umbrella things you put around the dogs neck after an operation...they bang into things, get stuck and are genuinely annoying for everyone on board). Will certainly look at these next time!

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”