BCF/ANACONDA Branded Fishing Apparel-why?

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: BCF/ANACONDA Branded Fishing Apparel-why?

Post by Mattblack » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:00 am

purple5ive wrote:
Mattblack wrote:I've seen quite a few people wearing Anaconda and BCF branded clothing and was wondering what the though process is when they buy it....is it superior in quality, significantly cheaper than similar alternatives or do they offer incentives for people to wear it?
The Anaconda one in particular amazes me...it has 14 company brands on the arms & these companies will certainly be paying to have this privilege .....& its still costs $70?
ana 1.jpg
The branding aside, have you actually worn one before??

No I haven't worn an Anaconda or BCF branded Polyester airflow polo before....yes I have worn a non branded Polyester airflow polo before (I'm only presuming they are the same, hence the question)
If it was free, I'd probably still not wear it because why would I help those companies advertise (& also people look at you like your mentally challenged).
I was baffled as to why you'd pay a premium price for the branded gear until Williwonder mentioned they are sometimes free :thumbsup:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:17 am

Mattblack wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Mattblack wrote:I've seen quite a few people wearing Anaconda and BCF branded clothing and was wondering what the though process is when they buy it....is it superior in quality, significantly cheaper than similar alternatives or do they offer incentives for people to wear it?
The Anaconda one in particular amazes me...it has 14 company brands on the arms & these companies will certainly be paying to have this privilege .....& its still costs $70?
ana 1.jpg
The branding aside, have you actually worn one before??

No I haven't worn an Anaconda or BCF branded Polyester airflow polo before....yes I have worn a non branded Polyester airflow polo before (I'm only presuming they are the same, hence the question)
If it was free, I'd probably still not wear it because why would I help those companies advertise (& also people look at you like your mentally challenged).
I was baffled as to why you'd pay a premium price for the branded gear until Williwonder mentioned they are sometimes free :thumbsup:
Not the same.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:27 am

I got my anaconda one free, I'll wear anything free if it serves its purpose and are quality. I bought them branded ones when they're half price and love them for their quality and pretty decals of crabs and fish. As for passively promoting brands and companies, I couldn't care less but I do love my shimano products so I dont mind having a big shimano logo on my clothings. But if I was to choose plain clothing or branded with pretty decals, I'll choose pretty decals any day. Just self preference. :cheers:

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:29 am

re-tyred wrote:Never wear branded stuff. I think if someone wants me to walk around advertising their product they should pay me to do so. $70 for a thin top. Tell em they're dreaming. I shop at the op shops get something like that without the brands for $5 keep my $65 for fuel and bait.
Just a grisly old pensioner here.
nothing like wearing out one of my biz shirts & getting some longevity in it value. :a_goodjob: Its not just grisly old pensioners :rofl:

as purple5 said, they're not bad quality & we all have some sort of branding on our fishing gear, boats, motors etc - its all about choices!
quid est quod eum

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:48 am

purple5ive wrote:Let me also ask the question while im at it.

Do the people who are saying they will not wear branded clothing realise that they are infact fishing with a branded rod and reel, what about the hats? so does that not matter? you are still advertising their products arent you?

Hats...I won't wear either, at least not if I have to buy them. 'Branded' rods and reels...unless you want to use a handline, rods and reels are essesntial items I would have thought. 'Branded' apparel is not an essential item. That's my take on it!
cheers
Team Fool
Would consider wearing branded Donut King apparel!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:51 am

I wear a fin nor one simply because it came free with a lethal I bought a couple of years ago.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 am

ratbag wrote:
re-tyred wrote:Never wear branded stuff. I think if someone wants me to walk around advertising their product they should pay me to do so. $70 for a thin top. Tell em they're dreaming. I shop at the op shops get something like that without the brands for $5 keep my $65 for fuel and bait.
Just a grisly old pensioner here.
nothing like wearing out one of my biz shirts & getting some longevity in it value. :a_goodjob: Its not just grisly old pensioners :rofl:

as purple5 said, they're not bad quality & we all have some sort of branding on our fishing gear, boats, motors etc - its all about choices!
Nothing wrong with OPshop Stuff.
Thats a Luxury when you arrive from another country and all you have is one suitcase with everything good you owned packed into it.. i still have a jumper from Vinnies that i got 18 years ago when i first came to Australia.

i dont see the tops as advertising material (even though it is tbh) for me if its comfortable, fits me and i think it will look half decent on me then i will get it.
i will get my kids one each too when they are big enough to fit into the smallest kids sizes. why? because they get excited when i show them anything fishing related, so i think they will be thrilled they can have their own shirt with a fish on it :)

almost forgot - you wont be able to catch bream if your not wearing one :o_0:

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:05 am

DougieK wrote:I wear a fin nor one simply because it came free with a lethal I bought a couple of years ago.
just reminded me about the dinga shirt i got when i ordered some stuff through them. must find it before summer .
its a nice shirt with just a small logo if anyone wants to try it out

https://www.dinga.com.au/dinga-long-and ... t1703.html

and a jarwis walker one thats almost plain.
https://www.dinga.com.au/jarvis-walker- ... black.html

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:23 am

I would never buy clothes like that,as far as I'm concerned its free advertising for them
They should be giving them away as marketing their products not US paying for the privelage to advertise their product

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:42 am

I go the ANA Shirt for free and actually quite impressed with the quality of the fabric.
Its really comfy over extended periods of sessions.

As far as being a walking billboard, i dont mind it.

Also, the darker colour of the fabric makes the fish stand out much better.

tiddlersnake.jpg
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”