Squid Gaff help

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Squid Gaff help

Post by CarlG » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:02 pm

At Stevie said, just go to Rui. He doesn't sell 5h1t, and only sells stuff he'd use personally

Fishnhook

Post by Fishnhook » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:26 pm

I use the auto king gaffs they are the best ones but there not cheap and if you are going to buy one get one in 5 meter length especially if you fish piers like flinders where it is high up.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:31 pm

smile0784 wrote:Ever thought of making a hand line from 8mm rope with a squid jig pole (for rigging Whiting) and putting a big snap on it and just hooking the snap around your main line and send it down to hook on your squid and pull them up
I'm a kind of simple guy.. thx for the suggestion tho.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

hornet

Post by hornet » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:32 pm

CarlG wrote:At Stevie said, just go to Rui. He doesn't sell 5h1t, and only sells stuff he'd use personally
carl after steve suggested it I did a search and only came up with squid jigs on ebay ? do you have a link to his gaffs ?...

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:40 pm

Look in his Ebay store mate. If nothing there then usually sold out.

hornet

Post by hornet » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:44 pm

purple5ive wrote:Look in his Ebay store mate. If nothing there then usually sold out.
Is this him steve ? if so he has no gaffs for sale at the moment.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/Squidding-E ... 7675.l2563

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:21 pm

yep thats him, if nothing there then probably out of stock. send him amessage on there and see if there any coming soon. he sells out of popular jig colours even before he can update the ebay store. so gotta be quick

hornet

Post by hornet » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:17 pm

OK thx..

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:35 pm

i have and use the gaffs youve linked from ebay. only issues are the foam cup comes unglued, and the retention elastic over the crown lasts like a week. i've applied some ducttape to solve. close to three years now, enough to wear through the stopper at the handle end of the tube that keeps it all together. again, ducttaped a bottle cap to the end and good to go.

would buy again but 15' is almost too small for the likes of flinders. wish they'd make a longer one. The autoking gaffs and maybe rui's one are better in every single way except price i'd say but u bought this before i knew of them and it's still kicking

hornet

Post by hornet » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:18 am

Basti wrote:i have and use the gaffs youve linked from ebay. only issues are the foam cup comes unglued, and the retention elastic over the crown lasts like a week. i've applied some ducttape to solve. close to three years now, enough to wear through the stopper at the handle end of the tube that keeps it all together. again, ducttaped a bottle cap to the end and good to go.

would buy again but 15' is almost too small for the likes of flinders. wish they'd make a longer one. The autoking gaffs and maybe rui's one are better in every single way except price i'd say but u bought this before i knew of them and it's still kicking
Thx Basti, I have been questioning the quality of the $45 dollar units, Flinders would be the highest pier I fish, I may have to bite the bullet and get the expensive 5 metre ones I've seen, the search continues for the price verses quality and money for value + length for me. I sent Rui an email about his gaffs but he won't be back from holidays for a couple of weeks according to his ebay store.

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”