Best Sunglasses for fishing?

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Best Sunglasses for fishing?

Post by mingle » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:52 pm

If you get on ebay there are quite a few polarised safety glasses for around the $30-50 mark.

They're strong and made to AUS/NZ standards, so they can protect your eyes from flying objects as well as UV!

Bunnings also have some decent ones for around $25 - that's what I currently use.

Mike.

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Is there actually an advantage of the proper 'fishing sunglasses' over just normal polarised sunnies? I've only ever used the latter, spotters etc are hideous and bloody expensive

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:53 pm

I wouldn't use the term proper fishing sunglasses but yes my Revo sunnies are better than regular polarised sunnies. I would say cheap polarised are 10 times better than nothing and 80% as good as the Revos.

As far as I am aware Revo is not a fishing brand.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:22 pm

Pat I've used heaps of cheapies, cocoons (fit overs) spotters and tonics. The latter two with glass lenses. There's a huge difference in eye comfort and clarity between glass and plastic. I've also got polarised glass ray bans and the tonics are clearer. I'm on my second pair of tonics now.

They wrap around style isn't the most fashionable but it does cut down glare from the side.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Basti wrote:Pat I've used heaps of cheapies, cocoons (fit overs) spotters and tonics. The latter two with glass lenses. There's a huge difference in eye comfort and clarity between glass and plastic. I've also got polarised glass ray bans and the tonics are clearer. I'm on my second pair of tonics now.

They wrap around style isn't the most fashionable but it does cut down glare from the side.
If your out in the heat and sun all day the wrap around are pretty much the best to keep dust, heat and glare out

Broomstick
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Broomstick » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks guys, I'll have to get a pair of wrap-arounds.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:43 pm

Nude up wrote:I have a pair of tonic and spotters 1amber 1 blue both glass lens both are good I also carry about 3 pairs of cheap polarised glasses on my boat in case I leave mine in my car done that a lot especially when it's an early start, and for whoever else is with me and they have forgotten theirs
tonic are owned by the same bloke who use to own spotters

he had a falling out and started tonic

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:49 pm

I've got a pair of Stingray polarised with the copper lens plus they are photo chromatic as well .They are a plastic lens but I've had them for over a year and no issues so far. For $99 your not breaking the bank for some reasonably decent glasses.

http://search.bcf.com.au/search?p=R&sri ... &view=grid

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Mattblack wrote:
rb85 wrote:Depends what celebrity angler you ask and that could change depending on who's paying the bills.

It's like asking what brand of boat is best some would say Barcrusher until they bust up with their boyfriend and have no more crusher.
So are you saying Paul Worsteling has an ulterior motive when he suggests getting numerous pairs Spotters to accommodate the varying light conditions?....I'm shocked!
Who?

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:52 pm

I won a pair of Spotters sunnies ($200) and gave them to the wife as they were useless in tannin coloured rivers, they change with the light conditions, certainly not for me I'm afraid... I'm not saying they're not a good brand at all, just not suited to my river fishing that's all.
I stayed with the polarized ones from the Anti Cancer Foundation ($34-95), have had them for just over three trout seasons and they great in both tannin and clear water..
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”