Sounder/ GPS combo Advice needed

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Sounder/ GPS combo Advice needed

Post by purple5ive » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:12 am

Barnsieboy wrote:I have just been comparing the HDS vs Elite and there are some huge differences! Huge price difference too haha.
not much difference 1if you look properly
most of the things HDS does the elite 7ti can do bar networking, dual card slot and 3d, plus a few things most people wont even use much.
almost everything else like wifi, downscan, sidescan, maps, touchscreen, smartsteer(trolling motor) gps, etc are all available on the elite ti models.
but yeah pick what you need in the sounder and then start to fine tune from there.

one reason also i went with elite ti7 is the fact that one tranducer does everythng, unlike the HDS which needed 2 (but now can use the totalscan transducer that comes with the elite ti7 with a software update)
also HDS units come on their own with no transdcuer which you have to pay for seperately.

Barnsieboy

Post by Barnsieboy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Hey everyone

The deed is done!

It came down to the Go 7 and Elite 7 ti for me and the Elite 7 won.
Justifications;
- Total scan technology, which is great for lakes and inland waters.
- insight genesis, so I can map my local waterways.
- As Purple5 mention one transducer does the lot.
- Ch Marine has done a great job and managed to get it into an affordable range ($1099) It only went over budget because of the Navionics card.
- Connectivity.

Main reason I didnt choose the Simrad Go 7 is because it is discontinued. Great reviews but is more geared to support NMEA 2k.

My lovely wifey is picking it up for me this afternoon and i will have it on the water this weekend :-)

Thanks everyone for your input. I ll let you know what i think in 6 months haha.

Barnsie

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Nice one mate :thumbsup:

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”