Cart reccomendations info

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Cart reccomendations info

Post by bowl » Fri May 13, 2016 7:16 pm

Looking to get a fishing cart.
Going to hit masters n bunnings to look for basic cart n then add rod holders ect
Any tips info be great...pics
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Cart reccomendations info

Post by ducky » Fri May 13, 2016 7:19 pm

Seen people rig up old golf carts/caddys or whatever they are called to great effect.

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:22 pm

gday bowl, i havent posted much on this forum so thaught id do my bit and contribute, since i dont know much about fishing i did knock up this cheap cart. i think it cost me about $20 all together from memory, it paid itself off on the first trip when we stored about 9 rods, a net and tackle for 5 people in it with minimal effort. most of it i got from the laverton market when i stopped in there, i think the trolley was about $3, the wheels were about $5 each and the hose clamps were a couple of bucks, then i went to bunnings to pick up a short length of dowel to suit the bearings of the tyres. then cut up some pvc pipe, drilled a couple of holes in the back of each one and zip tied them to the front of the cart for rods and put a cap on the bottom of one of them for nets/the top of rods so they dont fall through

i just cut off the old rear wheels and axle then clamped on the dowel and put on pneumatic tyres, i left the air pressure low so they wouldnt shake the contents of the trolley much over stones and its fairly easy to wheel it down steps/gutters and across sand.

it packs down fairly small too, easy to fit in the boot of a car

im sure people have made some really good trolleys/carts but this one does the job for me well :)

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Fri May 13, 2016 8:27 pm

BCF sell purpose built ones but for about half the cost one of those poly garden carts from Bunnings would do the job nicely.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri May 13, 2016 9:02 pm

These are ones I have and use...

He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri May 13, 2016 9:12 pm

hornet wrote:These are ones I have and use...

They look really awesome mate :thumbsup: looks like it can carry a lot. Very handy.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Fri May 13, 2016 9:22 pm

I was just gonna say hit up hornet. You've got some cracking lb carts mate. I've also seen a guy who had converted an old pram. Looked pretty smick

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:28 pm

i definitely like that seat-cart, hornet, it looks awesome :thumbsup:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri May 13, 2016 9:37 pm

I saw a pram converted with wooden planks and pipes for rod holders and even lights and switches for night time fishing.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri May 13, 2016 9:53 pm

Tim399 wrote:gday bowl, i havent posted much on this forum so thaught id do my bit and contribute, since i dont know much about fishing i did knock up this cheap cart. i think it cost me about $20 all together from memory, it paid itself off on the first trip when we stored about 9 rods, a net and tackle for 5 people in it with minimal effort. most of it i got from the laverton market when i stopped in there, i think the trolley was about $3, the wheels were about $5 each and the hose clamps were a couple of bucks, then i went to bunnings to pick up a short length of dowel to suit the bearings of the tyres. then cut up some pvc pipe, drilled a couple of holes in the back of each one and zip tied them to the front of the cart for rods and put a cap on the bottom of one of them for nets/the top of rods so they dont fall through

i just cut off the old rear wheels and axle then clamped on the dowel and put on pneumatic tyres, i left the air pressure low so they wouldnt shake the contents of the trolley much over stones and its fairly easy to wheel it down steps/gutters and across sand.

it packs down fairly small too, easy to fit in the boot of a car

X
im sure people have made some really good trolleys/carts but this one does the job for me well :)
:water:
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”