Sunglasses

Aaronvgp

Sunglasses

Post by Aaronvgp » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Just wondering what a good pair of sunglasses would be to get for fishing. I've never brought a pair specifically for fishing so I'm not sure what features I'm looking for or the price range of fishing specific sunglasses. I don't want to spend a heap on them, but would like them to do the job without breaking in a week.

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Sunglasses

Post by sloth » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:14 pm

I buy polarised sunnies from the cancer council shop for $50. Work fine. I've also owned $200+ spotter fishing sunnies. Main thing is comfy, polarised and stop glare and light leaking from the sides

Aaronvgp

Post by Aaronvgp » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:17 pm

$200?? Is the most important thing polarised? Does that help you see where all the weed patches are and fish in the water better?

paulpaciocco

Post by paulpaciocco » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:49 pm

I have a pair of makos and they're great but expensive. In saying that I almost use a pair of polarised cancer council rubber frames that I bought from rays for 40$. Most important is polarised and light leakage (wrap around style).

In comparison, I have to say that the makos are unbelievable and you can see things that you won't on a cheap pair but obviously they are really expensive and the cheaper pair do a great job too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Yeah mate polarised is a must. That allows you to see in the water. I use cancer council condada sunnies. $50. Plastic lenses can scratch up so use the bag they come with but other than that they're great (and I do a lot of sight fishing over summer)

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:03 pm

I had rapala sunnies which were $20 but didn't come close to my mates spotters they really do remove a lot of glare on the water!
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Go glass lens. Spotters, Mako, Tonic and others all do polarized glass lens. I've got spotters with the halide glass and they're brilliant. Never going back to plastic

Unless you get a good deal somewhere expect over $200 though

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:13 am

If your after cheaper ones since your just starting out. Get the ones from BP service stations. They cost around $20 and do the job. But the glass lenses are a whole different kettle of fish and cost big $$$$$$

trebbalzzz

Post by trebbalzzz » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:34 am

2nd the ones from bp if your on a budget, I use them as safety glasses at work there tough as and not to bad when your fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015/16 Spec Comp:
Fresh water: Rainbow trout 27cm

Aaronvgp

Post by Aaronvgp » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:36 pm

Awesome thanks guys. I was in bcf today and had a look at theirs. The ones on the spinning racks were $54 and the ones in the glass cases were $170+. Think I'll get the cheap ones and but some more lures and maybe that shimano spinning combo that's 50% off.

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”