Sunglasses

Need-to-fish

Re: Sunglasses

Post by Need-to-fish » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:06 pm

I have purchased a fair amount of sunnies , plastic lenses do not last as they scratch too easily.Finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of costa ( costa fortune alright) tuna alley with the glass over 2 years ago and never looked back, I use them everyday and they are as good as new so i will never go back to plastic.
Walnuts , not all are the same , your type of fishing will dictate what is the best lense for example a amber lense is best for fresh water and blue/green is better for salt. Also the frame is almost as important as the lenses best to get a pair that light cannot get in on the side.
There are tackle shops that will assist with the ideal fit.

ango

Post by ango » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:37 pm

I got some Jarvis Walker sunnies at the boat show for $15.00 and I they are great, light weight, good clarity and wrap around the eyes well for better glare protection. I think glass lenses are too heavy and cause discomfort if worn for a long time. If I drop my JW,s into the water, its no big deal, at $15.00 they are expendable.

Cheers from
Ango.

eslop

Post by eslop » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm a bit of a sunnies hoarder. Bolle, Oakley, etc etc. But I would highly recommend spotters with glass lenses. They a almost impossible to scratch, great viewing, and now there's heaps of different styles so it's easy to match up with even the roughest looking head.
Cheers, Scott.

pb's
Murray Cod: 92 on spinnerbait, 81 on surface lure, 74 on bait
Golden Perch: 49 on TN60
Redfin: 41 on TN60
Brown Trout: 68 on SP
Rainbow: maybe 10
Mudmarlin: 78

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:32 pm

I currently use REVO, whilst they are great for glare penitration ect they are polycarb and just not the same as glass.

I was looking for a new thinking of Mako, Spotters, Costa, Mako and costa in glass seem to be very good but big $$$$.

vinalf

Post by vinalf » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:59 pm

A friend of mine who lives overseas and is a keen sailor developed sunnies specifically for boaties. They are polarised and salt water resistanat with rustproof screws etc and more importantly - THEY FLOAT.
As far as I know they are not readily available in Aus. I will try to get a website or if i get enough interest from guys here I will try to buy a couple of dozen and pass them on at cost.

PM me if you are interested.

Return to “Other Fishing Equipment”