Casting over people....

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Lost Pom

Casting over people....

Post by Lost Pom » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Getting a bit of blokes doing this to me..... Landbased fishing is hard enough without blokes climbing all over your gear. "did you get me?" No mate, you got me again and it's getting annoying - wish there was a way to police it.

Can understand beginners getting it wrong as we've all been there - when experienced blokes start pushing boundaries to hit these mystical magic spots where my bait apparently is, it's not really on is it :bat:

Rant over. Aaaahhhhhhhh, much better! :D

Fish-Hunter

Re: Casting over people....

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:24 pm

You aint alone mate , its happened to most L/B fisho's & it makes most of us quite :angryfire: :cussing:

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Melbourne's piers can be chaotic at the best of times during summer!

That's the reason I do more Surf Fishing now.

I'm sure when I fish on piers I must be wearing a "Come and cast right next to me" t-shirt on!

Cam.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:41 pm

He wasn't on a pier lol that's why he's annoyed hahahaha

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Am fortunate here in Shepparton. Normally pretty open spaces to choose but I can understand how frustrating it would be as it has happened to me on the odd occasion. Lure fishing at a particular spot then a fellow (who I knew) comes and throws his baited line into the hole virtually making it impossible for me to fish it - even though I was there first!
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

sidrx

Post by sidrx » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:29 pm

I just say.. "AHHH F#@KEN HELL" out loud and make sure the person who owns the line can hear it loud and clear :)

DonVito

Post by DonVito » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Unfortunetly the same thing happened to me the other day. I don't mind if it was an accident, but if it happens majority of the time, then; you can't help but say something. I had a family out where I was fishing which is TOTALLY fine.. dad, with a few kids, which was a good sign, but when the dad wonders off and leaves the kids to their own devices then it gets annoying. The other annoying thing is, people with sinkers that would weigh down the titanic, causing the awkward cast which in turn, goes over your line.. Happened 3 times by the same angler.

LUCKILY for me, I had a bag of squid that made the whole day a lot better for me.

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Buy a boat....
Joking...
its just the way it is sometimes and you just got to laugh it off.....after all its fishing...its meant to be enjoyable....
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

Return to “General”