Springvale Market

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
BigJ

Springvale Market

Post by BigJ » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:21 pm

I here of a lot of ppl on here talking about buying there bait from springvale markets.
I have never been there and don't know where it is. Also just wondering the opening times for tomorrow. I want to try and get out of work early and get some fresh bait.
Any info would be great.

Cheers Jamie
Fishing Victoria Species Comp: 46 cms

Salmon 46cm

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Springvale Market

Post by raco09 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:29 pm

hey mate. Its not really a market as such. But there a few different fish shops there that sell fish which we purchase to use as bait. Just go and choose what you want as bait and buy it. simple. I usually buy trevally from them or mullet and salmon when I haven't been out bait fishing for a while. garfish is good as well. All depends on what you are chasing. I even bought fresh pippi once and smashed it on the pinkies one time. One pippi, one fish. We kept our bag limit the rest were thrown back. good luck.
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

slinga

Post by slinga » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:37 pm

As Raco said, the bait is ok. Sth Melb and Queen Vic have much better quality, but a bit more pricey.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

fishermanbaoweezy

Post by fishermanbaoweezy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:58 pm

Springvale is open everyday from like 8 am till 6 pm everyday but I don't think it's necessary to travel to Springvale
YAMASHITA PRO STAFF

http://www.instagram.com/fishermanbao" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/fishermanbao" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

amzy1981

Post by amzy1981 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:28 pm

hi everyone I have had a similar experience with fresh pippis raco09 on whiting my mate caught 3 off the 1 bait at one stage I swear! would love to know where and if you can still buy them from there I am from the north west but don't mind to travel as the saying goes " do the miles, get the smiles" or something like that lol

nickb123

Post by nickb123 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:49 am

I've bought heaps of fresh bait from spring vale markets its cheap and has always worked well pippies, squid, salmon etc

http://www.weekendnotes.com/springvale-market/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

there is a bit of info for you on where it is

Cheers

Nick
Cheers Nick

BigJ

Post by BigJ » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks for all the info guys, I might go check it out this afternoon.

Cheers

Salmon 46cm

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:20 am

fishermanbaoweezy wrote:Springvale is open everyday from like 8 am till 6 pm everyday but I don't think it's necessary to travel to Springvale
Rather depends on where you live..

BigJ

Post by BigJ » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:25 am

Im only 20minutes away from there, plus I got a voucher for BCF, want a new Rod and reel combo, so nice round trip if I can get out of work early.

Salmon 46cm

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:56 am

I think it's Buckingham ave I park near, and go into the Asian shopping centre the quality and availability vary each day at most places. But I always find something cheaper and better quality than what my alternative would be (ie. servo bait)

Return to “General”