Stuff that happens while fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
denis barden

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by denis barden » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:07 am

Working in WA a bit over a year ago.Ive got bad gout in R/H large toe so I hobble down to pub,have a skin full and try to walk up to apartment which has tiled stairs, cut underneath gout toe blood everywhere.
2 days later back home in St Leonards go fushin catch a gurnard and I get spiked in same rotten toe it blows up like a balloon.Wifie has a look and says the barb from the gurnard is still in my toe she starts digging around with a needle.Didn't get any thing but toe was sore for ages

adamk

Post by adamk » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm

dumb people not realising how strong the current is an casting between two people

LazyJohnno

Post by LazyJohnno » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:31 pm

I hooked my fox terrier in the lip on a cast once.
I fell into a channel when the bank gave way.
I taught my wife how to release murray cod & she fell in the Edwards River & she panicked, but I couldn't stop laughing & our son in law had to come running up the bank from 50 metres away to pull her out.
I lost a rod on the Wakool River when something big pulled it off the rod holder & I watched it disappear.
I locked my keys in the boot of my car on the banks of the Wakool River & had to walk 5-6kms out of the bush to the hwy for my wife to find me with our spare set.
No one ever said fishing was going to be easy :icon_lolz:

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:08 am

Not me, but watched a guy launching his boat, alone, at Lake Purrumbete, backed down ramp, trailer entered water, braked hard, and watched boat float out into the lake - The look on his face - Priceless. Yes, we retrieved the boat for him, only got a mumbled "Thanks" in response - think he was a little bit embarrassed.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:28 am

The guy was lucky you were there to help him!

FlynnFisherman

Post by FlynnFisherman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Went out in a 2 seater kayak on the wimmera river with my mate and cousin, my cousin was the smallest so we told him to go on the back behind me (there wasn't exactly a lot of space either). I lent back for a stretch forgetting he was there, i'll let you guess where he ended up :rofl:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:15 pm

Running out of fresh bait when x fish is on the bite

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:07 am

Lol
That happens a lot

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Kimtown wrote:Running out of fresh bait when x fish is on the bite
With me often I have taken plenty of fresh bait for a session and turns out to be a bad session with hardly any bait used. On the other hand when I go not prepared bites all over the place and run out of bait :rofl:

ChrisTaylor
Has liked: 27 times

Post by ChrisTaylor » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:37 pm

I spent a hour or so at Mornington last night, along with everyone else and their mothers, flicking around some squid jigs. I was near the rocks at the start of the pier when ... bam ... I feel a weird non-fishy, non-cephy tug on the line. And then another tug. And then there's braid getting dragged this way and that. I've caught a bat! Not on the jig, no, but on the line -- it's been buzzing back and forth, catching insects, and somehow managed to not only hit my line, but get the line wrapped around one of its wings.

I managed to get him onto the pier without too much trouble, but he started thrashing around and making things worse for himself. Some guys nearby started laughing, and ignored my request for a rag -- I didn't fancy a trip to the ER on the way home, so I wasn't too keen to touch the little guy. Thankfully, he ran out of aerobatic tricks and adopted a strategy of playing dead. This allowed me to unwrap the line. He lay still for a while, before realising he was as free as Tim Robbins at the end of Shawshank Redemption, and promptly legged winged it to DOC to go get a pizza or something.
bat.jpg

Return to “General”