Stuff that happens while fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Stuff that happens while fishing

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 pm

Yea that’s where the problem lies you wanna help but don’t want to get stuck yourself!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:16 am

Paul Foot wrote:Fishing on isolated jetties and at night time I have had encounters with the general.public that I would rather not have. Recently I was fishing alone in a semi isolated location and a fellow approached me and wanted my help in resolving an issue with his girlfriend being raped by her brother. WTF.
Wtf
Cant you see your fishing lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 am

smile0784 wrote:
Paul Foot wrote:Fishing on isolated jetties and at night time I have had encounters with the general.public that I would rather not have. Recently I was fishing alone in a semi isolated location and a fellow approached me and wanted my help in resolving an issue with his girlfriend being raped by her brother. WTF.
Wtf
I have heard some crazy stories too while Fishing but that ones a bit........

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Lightningx wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Wtf
Think that’s a police issue.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Yep. Agree.

PJ72

Post by PJ72 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:00 am

phil1818 wrote:
PJ72 wrote:I was coming back into Hastings after a dead day fishing as the weather was starting to turn, going through the left, right, left, right of the long channel, I went to step back when I hit some chop and near tripped over my ice box that had walked across the floor with the rough chop, so I looked ahead, saw I was in the middle of the channel, so I turned around quickly and pushed the box back in place, stood up and grabbed the wheel as I hit the side of the channel, the boat just about did a 90 degree turn and I was stuck on the bank.
I was lucky that I had grabbed the wheel or I would have been thrown overboard, probably doing some damage on my Bimini top on the way over, I had seriously underestimated the tide flow and affect of the wind. I lifted the motor to wash out the water inlets and prop that were caked with mud, then preceded to try to get myself off the bank to no avail. I sat there for a while trying to figure out how I was going to get myself off the bank as I watched people drive past ignoring me. As I was sitting there cursing those people, over the space of 20 or so minutes, I felt the back of the boat move, so I tried again and moved the boat off the bank.
So I made it back to the ramp with a bruised ego, and I try to make sure I don't do anything that stupid again
See that just about every time I venture out into western port, I often think about going to help then re-think real quick and don’t because the chance of me getting stuck also trying to help isn’t real appealing :rofl:
Yes, I can see that now, but I wasn't too impressed then, I was lucky that day, and a bit wiser because of it.
My mate has said for a long time that there are two types of fishermen out in western port, those that have bottomed out, and those that are going to, I'm in the first category now, though not planing on it happening again (famous last words?)

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:08 am

Westernport, breaks your spirit then builds you back up

Paul Foot

Post by Paul Foot » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:50 pm

rb85 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Wtf
Think that’s a police issue.
I told the nut bag to go to the police and he said they didn't help him. The whole thing was really unnerving.

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:30 pm

Just came back from Fushin with Trumpeter
Caught a Flattie wriggled it off the hook and it landed on my foot.Guess what-I had Blundstone Fushin boots on and its Dorsal fin went right thru to my bone in 2 spots-Ouch Ouch
Tuff guys the old Flattie

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:41 pm

dam That does sound painful.
I have been hurt badly by those things many times as well over the years!!!

Return to “General”