When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.

When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

April 2020
7%
May 2020
22%
June 2020
22%
July 2020
10%
August 2020
3%
September 2020
10%
October 2020
7%
November 2020
5%
December 2020
2%
Sometime in 2021
12%

Total votes: 59

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Re: When can Victorians expect to go fishing again?

Post by re-tyred » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:28 am

Exactly Dougie It is as contagious and the common cold. It will get to every person if lock downs and social distancing don't happen. Pretty much like the cold/flu does every year. Only problem is that in countries where it is allowed to go unchecked it will kill 1-2% of their population. Unchecked at a doubling of infection every 3-4 days it takes just 75 days to get to every Australian. Just like flu and colds. Each season runs 2-3 months then dies off because it has done the rounds of everyone that isn't immune via natural or vaccine.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

re-tyred
Has liked: 376 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:32 am

As for fishing we might get to go after the next review in may, but we will still be in virtual lock down and social distancing for many months yet. I doubt borders to interstate and travel within Australia will open till spring time. International borders for tourism will stay closed for a very long time.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:49 am

DougieK wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:13 am
cobby wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:32 pm
DougieK wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:02 pm
Stumpjumper wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:59 pm
Talk up lots of danger and lots of fear, exaggerate using dud models based on dud Chinese data....then over react and then say.....see I saved you. :dn: Australia was never going to be America, or Italy, or Spain.
Please show me how you came to this conclusion because literally all the actual data says otherwise.
You have 7 other states and territories data that are subject to far less stringent restrictions, where they can ALL fish in local waters including on their boats, there was no bans placed on human powered watercraft and all but the NT can still play golf, far less of a police state (over 1200 fines issued in Victoria which also has one of the largest $ figure covid fines in the country, next best was mid 800s as of the 16th of April) and as many, and in NSW due to 1 single cruise ship far more, cumulative cases as Victoria and yet there's not an awful lot of difference between the lot aside from Tasmanias north west. The same problem as what Tassie faced happened right here, on the Mornington Peninsula where a couple of people deemed themselves far to entitled....

The data literally is smack bang in front of us and it shows a government the pulled a gun on the CHO to retract what he said on live radio and a police force instructed to just throw the book at everyone in the hope it sticks
What did he say on live radio?

I also think the fishing ban is stupid but Stumpo is not referring to that, he's referring to Australia's response as a whole. I'm intereseted in where he got his data from.

The fines are necessary or you were going to get a hell of a lot more people thinking 'oh it'll be right' and suddenly these isolated incidents like NW tassie and the Penninsula and the Ruby Princess mess up a whole heap more people, overwhelm the hospital system and we end up with a leader telling us to inject disinfectant or get a good dose of sunlight to fix it. Without the admittedly brutal response int he first week ofthe lockdown, nobody would have taken this seriously and we'd be in a situation like they found themselves at Bondi on day 1.

One more time. The US didn't make any social distancing laws, and so far it's killed more people than combat did in the Vietnam war.

Let's just be clear about that one more time.

Covid-19 has killed more people in the USA than were combat casualties in the Vietnam war.
1/4/20 at 10.30am:
Neil Mitchell: Strange questions coming through – if people want to go fishing, can they go fishing?
Brett Sutton: Um, look, if that’s your –
Neil Mitchell: You really shouldn’t be out –
Brett Sutton: No, you really shouldn’t be out, but if that’s your exercise then make it brief and do it on your own - or with one other person - but we’re not talking about hours out with others because you really should be home.

1/4/20 at 7.30pm Jaala Pulford posted social media that fishing was banned. Along with kayaking etc etc.

2/4/20 just before 9am Brett Sutton was asked again about fishing and the government's response, point blank ignored the question after a brief pause and moved on.

Stumpy is talking purely about this state. Victoria has not only gone far beyond every other state in its laws, but even further beyond in its police enforcement. And the state government has flat out bullshitted in order to justify certain responses or danced around with emotive language instead of actual logical answers. Meanwhile the group responsible for the peninsula cases, the same ones who refused to get tested whilst overseas when staying in the same building as known positive cases because it would interrupt their holiday, refused to self isolate at their residence and travelled to their holiday house in Sorrento, went shopping and all the other jazz, those 'Im an arrogant piece of **** but I have money and get away with it so **** everyone else' got off with not even a warning let alone a fine even after themselves testing positive. That group and 1 other were responsible for the peninsula having the second highest cumulative cases behind Stonnington in the beginning and yet not a single warning nor fine was handed out. Meanwhile I'd get a fine towing a boat to get a service 10km away, even though under the cho's directives listed on the DHHS website its allowable given the business is open......

For my very last post on this topic I'll leave you with this image from Wednesday. It does NOT paint this states above and beyond and at times outright lies response in any good light when compared to the rest of the eastern bloc... And last I checked, this state was closer to being the next Hong Kong under Xi Jinping than it was the 51st state of the fat and lazies
Attachments
FB_IMG_1587775912129.jpg

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:25 pm

Oh how i love this game.
cobby wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:49 am
1/4/20 at 10.30am:
Neil Mitchell: Strange questions coming through – if people want to go fishing, can they go fishing?
Brett Sutton: Um, look, if that’s your –
Neil Mitchell: You really shouldn’t be out –
Brett Sutton: No, you really shouldn’t be out, but if that’s your exercise then make it brief and do it on your own - or with one other person - but we’re not talking about hours out with others because you really should be home.

1/4/20 at 7.30pm Jaala Pulford posted social media that fishing was banned. Along with kayaking etc etc.

2/4/20 just before 9am Brett Sutton was asked again about fishing and the government's response, point blank ignored the question after a brief pause and moved on.
Yes. Brett Sutton has informed us of the policy at the time. As the time changes, the policy has also changed. Somewhere between the first interview and the second interview someone has made a decision which is the opposite of what he said that morning.

cobby wrote:

Stumpy is talking purely about this state.
Stumpjumper wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:59 pm
Talk up lots of danger and lots of fear, exaggerate using dud models based on dud Chinese data....then over react and then say.....see I saved you. :dn: Australia was never going to be America, or Italy, or Spain.
Please point to the bit where he specifies he's talking about Victoria. He clearly states Australia, you are objectively wrong.

cobby wrote:
Victoria has not only gone far beyond every other state in its laws, but even further beyond in its police enforcement. And the state government has flat out bullshitted in order to justify certain responses or danced around with emotive language instead of actual logical answers.
Please show me an example of them "flat out bull----ing" using emotive language and not logical answers.

cobby wrote:
Meanwhile the group responsible for the peninsula cases, the same ones who refused to get tested whilst overseas when staying in the same building as known positive cases because it would interrupt their holiday, refused to self isolate at their residence and travelled to their holiday house in Sorrento, went shopping and all the other jazz, those 'Im an arrogant piece of **** but I have money and get away with it so **** everyone else' got off with not even a warning let alone a fine even after themselves testing positive. That group and 1 other were responsible for the peninsula having the second highest cumulative cases behind Stonnington in the beginning and yet not a single warning nor fine was handed out.
Now I agree with you. F these people, first against the wall come the revolution. The law absolutely should be applied equally to everyone.

cobby wrote:
Meanwhile I'd get a fine towing a boat to get a service 10km away, even though under the cho's directives listed on the DHHS website its allowable given the business is open......
This is pure speculation. You are making a statement about something that didn't happen.

cobby wrote:
For my very last post on this topic I'll leave you with this image from Wednesday. It does NOT paint this states above and beyond and at times outright lies response in any good light when compared to the rest of the eastern bloc... And last I checked, this state was closer to being the next Hong Kong under Xi Jinping than it was the 51st state of the fat and lazies
You cannot trust a thing that comes out of the CCP. Trump is absolutely incompetent and narcissistic. Xi Jinping is literally a brutal dictator that everyone let's do what he wants because we literally need the chinese export market.

Victoria's population has 3 times as many people per square kilometre as NSW, yet somehow we're doing much better on the curve you linked.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/whi ... ation.html

And amazingly enough, to anyone who cares to actually look at the figures instead of participating in speculation and misinformation, would be aware of this

Admittedly this image is a week old.

Whether you like it or not, Victoria's response is first class. I want to be fishing too, but as I said to cheater before, you have to legislate to the lowest possible common denominator, which in this case, is extremely low.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:30 pm

First class my arse. That people lap up this dear leader propaganda is truly disturbing.

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:32 pm

I'm busting to soak a line...

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:30 pm
First class my arse. That people lap up this dear leader propaganda is truly disturbing.
Please point out the fault in any of what i just posted, with opposing references or research.

Literally everything is a researched, provable, objective fact.

Seriously, offer me literally any evidence.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Stumpjumper

Post by Stumpjumper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:09 pm

How about the fact that NSW had the Ruby Princess moment? Add that to Victoria's tally or remove it from NSW's tally and it all looks a lot different and not favourable to Vic at all. The Fed CHO was showing the latest modelling and graphs based on actual Australian figures the other day and it clearly showed what flattened 'the curve' was proper quarantine and border control measures....all this stay at home lockdown stuff has had a minimal effect.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:15 pm

Stumpjumper wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:09 pm
How about the fact that NSW had the Ruby Princess moment? Add that to Victoria's tally or remove it from NSW's tally and it all looks a lot different and not favourable to Vic at all. The Fed CHO was showing the latest modelling and graphs based on actual Australian figures the other day and it clearly showed what flattened 'the curve' was proper quarantine and border control measures....all this stay at home lockdown stuff has had a minimal effect.
And here we go again. Quarantine and border control do nothing to stop spread within the community. Every country that has implemented a lockdown has seen the rate of transmission drop. Lock it down hard enough and for long enough and you can eradicate the virus.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Stumpjumper

Post by Stumpjumper » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Here we go again, physical distancing and basic hygiene are what stop transmission.

Return to “General”