Bad season or bad forum?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
junior
Has liked: 58 times

Re: Bad season or bad forum?

Post by junior » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Have had a bad run but finally got on to some, I'll put a report up today

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Back 5 years ago this was pretty much the only active place to discuss Victorian fishing. Now days you have 25 FB pages dedicated to Vic fishing not to mention another 25 on Instagram.

I follow a bunch of people on Insta who fish and post regularly, the amount of content they put online I don't even need to read reports here to know what happening and where.

Social media platforms are the new forums of discussion so don't be surprised that this place is demising day by day.

I've seen guys write very good reports on here with maybe 1 response or even none, mind you the thread has been viewed 200 times. Why would that person been keen on writing another report then? Some people find it hard to acknowledge someones report with a comment let alone write one themselves.

All I hear is sooking here. This person 'posts too much' that 'person doesn't posts anymore'. Make up your minds people.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:29 am

bowl wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:34 am
ducky wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 am
I’ve fished more this year than I have in the past 3 years and have stuff all fish to show for it.
Been target anything specific .
About 8 sessions in PPB for naught.

Had some good sessions down eastern side of Wpb on the squid a few months ago.

Fished Lang Lang area in the boat the other day for 3 gummies albeit small.

Did a whiting/snapper session 2 weeks ago in Wpb to get a few whiting off the middle spit and 4 hours of donuts on the snapper.

I think late water temp combined with **** recruitment a few years ago contributed to the snapper season. The other species aren’t doing too bad just need more sessions on them.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:51 am

Robbie1950 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:10 pm

I've seen guys write very good reports on here with maybe 1 response or even none, mind you the thread has been viewed 200 times. Why would that person been keen on writing another report then? Some people find it hard to acknowledge someones report with a comment let alone write one themselves.
This!!!!
i have noticed a pattern here and there are some members that no matter how good a report they never bother leaving a reply, while others are genuine and no matter who the poster is they reply with an acknowledgment.
bit disappointing behavior from some of these members.
this is one way to kill the motivation of the people that are trying to keep the forum alive.

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:13 am

Lets not forget the fact any guest can veiw basicly all the forum logged out or not even registered so they have no need to register.

HarisPilton

Post by HarisPilton » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:51 am

saph wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:13 am
Lets not forget the fact any guest can veiw basicly all the forum logged out or not even registered so they have no need to register.

21 registered users and about 300 guests just now when I checked.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:58 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:51 am
Robbie1950 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:10 pm

This!!!!
i have noticed a pattern here and there are some members that no matter how good a report they never bother leaving a reply, while others are genuine and no matter who the poster is they reply with an acknowledgment.
bit disappointing behavior from some of these members.
this is one way to kill the motivation of the people that are trying to keep the forum alive.
...and then you get someone like lightningx who used to reply to all posts and got crucified about clocking up his post count

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:13 pm

Any fishing reports Mattblack
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:35 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:15 am
So what's going on gents?
Have people been struggling this season, or have people just stopped posting reports?
Where have all the good contributors of the recent past gone....have they given up on fishing or just given up on the Fishing Victoria Forum?
Everytime I post a report about everything *someone* tries to tell every one where i'm fishing, often incorrectly. This is unbelievably dangerous as conditions for where I am allegedly fishing have been murderous on a few of the days I was apparently there, and unbelievably rude as I specifically ask people at the start of every report to not discuss location.

So I stopped posting reports.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

SnapperHead
Has liked: 20 times

Post by SnapperHead » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:24 pm

Those Fakebook Fishing Groups are a joke.
However, perfect for an Entitled Millennial that requires instant gratification!!!!

Return to “General”