WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE REELED IN ON A LURE?

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Paulanderson
Has liked: 60 times

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE REELED IN ON A LURE?

Post by Paulanderson » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:15 pm

A rainy day post for fishy stories. Am sure we have all reeled in weird and wonderful things on lures.

I was spinning in the Coliban River when I felt a slight tug on the line and then nothing. During the next retrieve a large Rainbow Trout started going crazy and beached itself. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth I grabbed it and noticed it was bleeding and missing an eye. The eye was on the treble hook of the wonder wobbler I was using!

Paul

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Re: WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE REELED IN ON A LURE?

Post by VooDoo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:41 pm

My own set of rod and reel on Bruny Island Tasmnia :banana:

Inexperience fisherman mistake of leaving rod on the pier with drag set too tight .. fish took the set into the drinks ...plenty of cursing and a very very long face .. even longer than Phar Lap .. the lady boss tried her best to console me but it still hurts .. Shimano rod and Ci4 packed with braid was the combo :oops:

Kept on fishing and trying to enjoy the holiday .. next time reeling back the line to check if it needed re-baiting felt being snagged by a heavy object .. told the lady boss it's probably is an old boot but to my surprise my own rod emerged from the ocean floor .. Eureka !!!!

Straight away took the rod and ran up to the car in an attempt to hose off the salt water on the reel .. having mixed emotions of joy, panic and worries .. forgotten i left the rod leaning against the car and closed the door .. snapped the rod tip - SHEET !!!!!!!

Savage operstion was successful - Ci4 still works but the rod is about 10cm shorter :-D

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:41 pm

VooDoo wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:41 pm
My own set of rod and reel on Bruny Island Tasmnia :banana:

Inexperience fisherman mistake of leaving rod on the pier with drag set too tight .. fish took the set into the drinks ...plenty of cursing and a very very long face .. even longer than Phar Lap .. the lady boss tried her best to console me but it still hurts .. Shimano rod and Ci4 packed with braid was the combo :oops:

Kept on fishing and trying to enjoy the holiday .. next time reeling back the line to check if it needed re-baiting felt being snagged by a heavy object .. told the lady boss it's probably is an old boot but to my surprise my own rod emerged from the ocean floor .. Eureka !!!!

Straight away took the rod and ran up to the car in an attempt to hose off the salt water on the reel .. having mixed emotions of joy, panic and worries .. forgotten i left the rod leaning against the car and closed the door .. snapped the rod tip - SHEET !!!!!!!

Savage operstion was successful - Ci4 still works but the rod is about 10cm shorter :-D
I have a very similar story from when I was younger.... I was soaking a worm in a trout river when a fish dragged the whole thing into the river. About an hour later I hooked the line, still with one end attached to the fish and the other end attached to the rod. Managed to retrieve the rod and land the fish.

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:22 pm

On multiple separate occasions i've lost rigs or lures to snags then gone to check my other rods or tie on another rig, only to feel resistance, thinking it's a little fish I begin to reel in and lo and behold the entire rig i lost is caught on my new lure. A mate also told me he once pulled an unopened can of four x gold out of Lilydale lake which was pretty funny.

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:03 pm

One time I caught a sock, dog collar and many dog toy at my local lake

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:08 pm

My brother was trout fishing on the Mitta Mitta . He had a couple of trout and the fire was going . As he was cooking the trout for lunch , noticed his line had a bit of weight on it like a stick had caught on it. Reeled in and found a six pack of beer tangled in the line. 10 minutes later he was sitting eating trout and having a beer, along came a bloke with a long face, looking for his beer that he had in the stream to cool it off.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Caught a fishing rod

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Sea snake

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Murlz » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:52 pm

I dragged up a car CD player once. Probably stolen and definatley not working :-D
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Murlz wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:52 pm
I dragged up a car CD player once. Probably stolen and definatley not working :-D

CD player.PNG

Cheers, Bugs

Return to “General”