How do you respond??

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

How do you respond??

Post by Sebb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi all,

Do you get a lot of stereotyping responses when you say something like I like fishing, I go fishing, I do fishing now instead of football and everything else along the line.
The usual responses are a big laugh, fishing is for lazy people, so what you just sit there and do nothing, etc...

9 out of 10 those people dont fish. As much as I want to understand them, it also pisses me off... these blinded people who knows nothing about fishing, yet they're throwing words.

I remember I was picking up a mate to go fishing on a nice day, saw his housemate and asked politely if he'd want to joing. His response was "naahh... Fishing is for lazy people, you guys just gonna sit there all day doing nothing", ironically he said that while sitting on a couch eating chips drinking coke in front of a TV. In my head was like "who's the lazy a$$??"

My usual response : "I go fishing to avoid people like you" :water: :rofl:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: How do you respond??

Post by Mattblack » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Sounds like your hanging out with the wrong crowd...99% of the people I talk to ask if they can come with me next time I go out (mind you I'm quite handsome, so that could be a factor).

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:27 pm
Sounds like your hanging out with the wrong crowd...99% of the people I talk to ask if they can come with me next time I go out (mind you I'm quite handsome, so that could be a factor).
So your saying it's your sex appeal over the task

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:37 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:01 pm
Hi all,

Do you get a lot of stereotyping responses when you say something like I like fishing, I go fishing, I do fishing now instead of football and everything else along the line.
The usual responses are a big laugh, fishing is for lazy people, so what you just sit there and do nothing, etc...

9 out of 10 those people dont fish. As much as I want to understand them, it also pisses me off... these blinded people who knows nothing about fishing, yet they're throwing words.

I remember I was picking up a mate to go fishing on a nice day, saw his housemate and asked politely if he'd want to joing. His response was "naahh... Fishing is for lazy people, you guys just gonna sit there all day doing nothing", ironically he said that while sitting on a couch eating chips drinking coke in front of a TV. In my head was like "who's the lazy a$$??"

My usual response : "I go fishing to avoid people like you" :water: :rofl:
Fishing is for the opportunity to get away from the issues of the world and enjoy times with mates

Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Expomnowcon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:52 pm

I go to get a bit of peace and quiet from my mrs and her daily family dramas!

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:36 pm

You shouldn't respond at all Seb. Who cares what people say or think. Just smile and keep doing what you love.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:37 pm

I get the same thing all the time, depending on who it is I either laugh it off or explain how I fish and that walking, kayaking multiple km's in a days fishing is pretty standard, along with the repetitive casting and explanation of lure fishing. Which option just depends if I'm likely to see them again
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:50 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:36 pm
You shouldn't respond at all Seb. Who cares what people say or think. Just smile and keep doing what you love.
haha true, depends who is the person, can't do that to some people (like maybe my boss at work or similar, lol) :a_goodjob:
Mattblack wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:27 pm
Mostly people from work or soccer matesss... Correction, ex-soccer matesss! Cannot always avoid the "small chat" at work. :down:
mazman wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:37 pm
I get the same thing all the time, depending on who it is I either laugh it off or explain how I fish and that walking, kayaking multiple km's in a days fishing is pretty standard, along with the repetitive casting and explanation of lure fishing. Which option just depends if I'm likely to see them again
Agree with the last sentence.
Yeah, I do that to some people, explaining. Depends if that person is interested to listen or not.
Some people are just bullies and talk cr*p, and wont listen. Haters gonna hate no matter what. But I do get some people who really listens and like "ooowww that's cool, ... cool cool cool cool..." especially after mentioning and explaining fly fishing . :banana:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Expomnowcon wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:52 pm
I go to get a bit of peace and quiet from my mrs and her daily family dramas!
Good point

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm with you seb,ill put fishing before all those boring sports any day.I would rather catch nothing than watch your team lose.

Return to “General”