Fishing rods of the Future!!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Fishing rods of the Future!!

Post by mingle » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:58 pm

You can tell the tackle companies are getting desperate for new products when the wheel this sort of stuff out...

Really, though we hit "peak tackle" quite a number of years ago. Nothing but tiny, incremental upgrades since then.

Like the smartphone markets: people don't need to upgrade. But the tech companies have shareholders to keep happy, so they keep flogging their latest and greatest. There will always be plenty of sheep to lap it up...

Mike.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:10 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:30 am
Robbie1950 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:07 am
The less technology the better in my opinion. Isn't the whole point of going fishing to get away from the phone and the pressures of the world?
if i wanted peace and quiet i would take up yoga or similar not fishing!!
Technology most certainly has its place. in this latest incarnation, maybe not so much. im not a fan of the rod but it might certainly be of use to someone else who knows..
i most certainly will not go fishing without my sounder these days though, thats where technology actually helps in my situation..
Can walk up a mountain stream or take a kayak out in a river or lake be the only one out and manage to catch fish no problem at all.
Then you can sound up snapper use navionics to find likely areas offshore and use ripcharts to find likely areas for pelagics.
Technology is a gift and a curse.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:42 pm

rb85 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:10 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:30 am
Robbie1950 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:07 am
The less technology the better in my opinion. Isn't the whole point of going fishing to get away from the phone and the pressures of the world?
if i wanted peace and quiet i would take up yoga or similar not fishing!!
Technology most certainly has its place. in this latest incarnation, maybe not so much. im not a fan of the rod but it might certainly be of use to someone else who knows..
i most certainly will not go fishing without my sounder these days though, thats where technology actually helps in my situation..
Can walk up a mountain stream or take a kayak out in a river or lake be the only one out and manage to catch fish no problem at all.
Then you can sound up snapper use navionics to find likely areas offshore and use ripcharts to find likely areas for pelagics.
Technology is a gift and a curse.
Most certainly works both ways.
But just imagine being on a mountain stream or a river in a yak in the middle of.nowhere and having this rod with you when you catch a fish. Next time your in the area you have a POI to prospect..
Anyway I'm sure someone will find a good use for it. Certainly not for me..

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Still in the future fishing topic, who watched ifish 5pm today?
Paul fished landbase in WA with Perth Fishing Safari guide using a drone, landed 6-7 kg snapper.
Dont think i can land 6-7kg snapper at Port Melb during snapper season even with drone, coz I wont get a spot :rofl:

https://youtu.be/gQsNTwVMEow
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Lol not wrong.
Probably won't to able to walk down then in snapper season

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:49 am

Seb85 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:22 pm
Still in the future fishing topic, who watched ifish 5pm today?
Paul fished landbase in WA with Perth Fishing Safari guide using a drone, landed 6-7 kg snapper.
Dont think i can land 6-7kg snapper at Port Melb during snapper season even with drone, coz I wont get a spot :rofl:

https://youtu.be/gQsNTwVMEow
Haha that’s exactly right Seb! I have seen thumpers around that size caught from there but try getting a spot first :rofl:

Return to “General”