A sad sight

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
TheNix
Has liked: 33 times

A sad sight

Post by TheNix » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:10 pm

A couple of days ago I went to fish the Upper Coliban reservoir. Over the last six months or so I have fished the Premier Mine rd end of lake, but for a change I decided to fish the dam wall. I was really disappointed by the amount of rubbish being left around by people. There were bags of rubbish left in the car park, a number of empty tins of corn, plastic bait containers, food and drink wrappers, you name it. I have never seen the shore in such a shitty state. :down:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: A sad sight

Post by Lightningx » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:16 pm

Not just there mate. I’ve seen it at a lot of different places...animals :down:

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:17 pm

Welcome to people that dont care about anything who get access to these places gonna hate to see the tip of aus when the development road is done and just anyone can get to the northern most point of australia because gone will be the days of having to do tracks like the old telegraph and gunshot creek.

j_pap

Post by j_pap » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:31 pm

A group of fuckwits left about a slab of V cans last time i was fishing at Avalon. Theres pricks are used to their mums doing everything for them.

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Unfortunately there are a lot of people like that. Sad indeed.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:10 pm

These people aren’t fishermen/women they are bogans going fishing for the day. Not on bit like the pro team flog throwing cigarettes overboard on a video posted here by a member who left here.

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:42 pm

Whats worse is those who are fisherman leaving the biggest mess of fish guts and that in summer on a night where it doesnt drop below 27.

worse stench ever i threw up whole cleaning it all off where i fish hence why im getting a 4wd soon so i can go to places these grubs cant get.

Will be fun showing off some great places me thinks.

j_pap

Post by j_pap » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:22 pm

rb85 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:10 pm
These people aren’t fishermen/women they are bogans going fishing for the day. Not on bit like the pro team flog throwing cigarettes overboard on a video posted here by a member who left here.
Haha you love bringing that up man

TheNix
Has liked: 33 times

Post by TheNix » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:37 pm

I think the saddest thing (and thankfully I didn't see any the other day) is when people leave great bundles of tangled fishing line on the shore. I was watching a pair of Kangaroos coming down to the water to drink the other day and mess of fishing line would led to a nasty situation.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:04 pm

rb85 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:10 pm
These people aren’t fishermen/women they are bogans going fishing for the day.
Too true, rb and clan

12.jpg
12.jpg (20.29 KiB) Viewed 1734 times

Mate Don & I were fishing on Glenelg Jetty one evening, the usual suspects, good and the not so flavoured. Our clan of catch-up noobs always do the right thing, we make an evening of it and it is always a great night. But like any Jetty, Pier, there are always doofs, and not just the fishermen, even Jetty Walkers drop their trash.

Don & I were the last Fisherman standing, had the Jetty to ourselves, fishing wise. There was though a slow steady stream of Jetty Walkers.

This quiet unassuming alternative, hipster couple that were enjoying the walk on the Jetty, caught our eye for some unknown reason. The lady, started to collect all the trash that was laying around. Then, quick as a flash, instead of putting it in the rubbish bin (as Don & I thought she was going to do) she dumped it into our bucket. Well, they obviously don't know Don. Quick as a flash, Don got the rubbish out of the bucket and gave the guy an up close and personal smell of the rubbish. Shoved it hard in the guys face AND gave them a scathing verbal talking to. None of that rubbish was ours, or of the people we fish with. Most of the rubbish was actually from other Jetty Walkers.

It is sad that people throw rubbish , when there are bins close by, it is sadder that they rubbish fishing spots too , , , ,

BUT what is the saddest thing of all , , , , is that fishermen get blamed, even when it is only a few fisherman that do throw their rubbish about. But a fair few of the general public rubbish but that gets attributed to Fishermen.

Cheers, Bugatti

Return to “General”