A sad sight

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
deathray
Has liked: 8 times

Re: A sad sight

Post by deathray » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:19 pm

Classic Don.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:59 am

Good stuff Bill

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:44 am

Bugatti wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:04 pm
rb85 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:10 pm
These people aren’t fishermen/women they are bogans going fishing for the day.
Too true, rb and clan

12.jpg

Mate Don & I were fishing on Glenelg Jetty one evening, the usual suspects, good and the not so flavoured. Our clan of catch-up noobs always do the right thing, we make an evening of it and it is always a great night. But like any Jetty, Pier, there are always doofs, and not just the fishermen, even Jetty Walkers drop their trash.

Don & I were the last Fisherman standing, had the Jetty to ourselves, fishing wise. There was though a slow steady stream of Jetty Walkers.

This quiet unassuming alternative, hipster couple that were enjoying the walk on the Jetty, caught our eye for some unknown reason. The lady, started to collect all the trash that was laying around. Then, quick as a flash, instead of putting it in the rubbish bin (as Don & I thought she was going to do) she dumped it into our bucket. Well, they obviously don't know Don. Quick as a flash, Don got the rubbish out of the bucket and gave the guy an up close and personal smell of the rubbish. Shoved it hard in the guys face AND gave them a scathing verbal talking to. None of that rubbish was ours, or of the people we fish with. Most of the rubbish was actually from other Jetty Walkers.

It is sad that people throw rubbish , when there are bins close by, it is sadder that they rubbish fishing spots too , , , ,

BUT what is the saddest thing of all , , , , is that fishermen get blamed, even when it is only a few fisherman that do throw their rubbish about. But a fair few of the general public rubbish but that gets attributed to Fishermen.

Cheers, Bugatti
That is true Bugatti. Often fishermen blamed for it. We humans tend to stereotype.
I see some cleaning up events every now and then. I reckon there should be more. Especially events put up by fishing clubs, to slowly change the perception of public.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:40 pm

l was fishing at the Aire river about this time a year ago and empty drink bottles and chip packets came floating my way(thankfully l was in my tinnie so l could scoop them up) but when l asked them why they were dumping their rubbish in the river all l got was it is not our rubbish l don't know what the f#*k you are talking about so why don't you mind your own f*****g business.,yet once they were gone no more stuff came floating down the river.These f##kwits weren't fishermen just people swimming in the river.
l think some people are just pigs and couldn't give a f**k about their environment and hopefully the more they get called out the better things will be.
This might not make sense but wherever l fish l try to pick up some rubbish so l leave the place in better condition than what l found it in even if l am picking up some other f##ksticks sh!t
:cheers:

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:31 am

Nightwish wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:40 pm
l was fishing at the Aire river about this time a year ago and empty drink bottles and chip packets came floating my way(thankfully l was in my tinnie so l could scoop them up) but when l asked them why they were dumping their rubbish in the river all l got was it is not our rubbish l don't know what the f#*k you are talking about so why don't you mind your own f*****g business.,yet once they were gone no more stuff came floating down the river.These f##kwits weren't fishermen just people swimming in the river.
l think some people are just pigs and couldn't give a f**k about their environment and hopefully the more they get called out the better things will be.
This might not make sense but wherever l fish l try to pick up some rubbish so l leave the place in better condition than what l found it in even if l am picking up some other f##ksticks sh!t
Gok stuff mate.
Yeah some people just doesn't understand the concept of doing the right thing.
I'll try to do that more often now, usually I always carry a plastic bag, whether be for fish or rubbish. Collect and throw them in the bin later on.
Last time I stopped by a lookout around Yea that has a clear sign "take your rubbish home" and yet right next to it on the wooden bench lies a takeaway coffee cup. Ironic.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:54 am

Nightwish wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:40 pm
That’s good to hear mate! If only there were more like you around :)

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:58 pm

Yes these people are GRUBs that you cannot change their ways
I work for Bellarine Bayside and we look after 6 Ramps ,17 klms of foreshore and 6 Caravan Parks-One of the biggest in the Southern Hemisphere
We have regular patrols to clean up areas every day and the Public collects rubbish all the time
For the amount of people in our areas its very clean.
Ive even seen 80 yr olds picking up rubbish.
If anybody spots rubbish pick it up place in bin and move on
Last edited by denis barden on Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:46 pm

Very sad, and simply just an example of what filth live in our communities nowadays. Utter selfishness. I don't feel it is an age thing, more so a general "disrespect towards this beautiful country and its people" issue. Sadly their IQ levels are far too low. "Common sense" is far from being common nowadays. The country is fkd....Hope the lefties are happy!!

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:35 pm

Wish i could find the pic i took of a fish cleaning table mess that was everywhere under it, spent more time cleaning and hosing it down then fishing that day not to mention the amount of beer bottles i had to remove from under the seats. How in christ can you drink that much beer and not think you should stop.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:08 pm

saph wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:35 pm
Wish i could find the pic i took of a fish cleaning table mess that was everywhere under it, spent more time cleaning and hosing it down then fishing that day not to mention the amount of beer bottles i had to remove from under the seats. How in christ can you drink that much beer and not think you should stop.

Here in SA at Snapper time

hammer time.PNG

No, no , , , , not Hammer Time , , , , Snapper Time , , , , you know, Snapper Season.

We fish in the evenings, and most fishos use berley, and also fish frames (from the scrap bins from the local Fish Mongers) in a scaling bag type setup.

Back at the West Beach Boat ramp in the late evening, there are always about 5-6 Wheelie Bins evenly spaced across the wash down area. So there is no excuse for what goes on. Piles of discarded bait, berley, fish frames just dumped on the ground, two metres away from the wash down space for the boat and frustratingly, only two metres away from the mostly empty Wheelie Bins.

Disappointing

Cheers, Bugatti

Return to “General”