A sad sight

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
saph
Has liked: 4 times

Re: A sad sight

Post by saph » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:08 pm
saph wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:35 pm
Wish i could find the pic i took of a fish cleaning table mess that was everywhere under it, spent more time cleaning and hosing it down then fishing that day not to mention the amount of beer bottles i had to remove from under the seats. How in christ can you drink that much beer and not think you should stop.

Here in SA at Snapper time

Back at the West Beach Boat ramp in the late evening, there are always about 5-6 Wheelie Bins evenly spaced across the wash down area. So there is no excuse for what goes on. Piles of discarded bait, berley, fish frames just dumped on the ground, two metres away from the wash down space for the boat and frustratingly, only two metres away from the mostly empty Wheelie Bins.

Disappointing

Cheers, Bugatti
Reminded me of another time with some grubs about june of year last year,

Someone was cast netting next to the board walk (where the fish cleaning table is) and had a guy up on the board walk helping them out removing fish from the net and they were well over the limit but i didnt say anything as they had been drinking (i aint going up against someone with a giant knife at 5 am when its still dark) and instead of putting the fish back into the water or even using what they had already they just started making a pile of discarded fish worst part is they had already filled the bin and line disposale things with bottles and cans turned out the guy on the boardwalk had been there since 4pm drinking and then called his friend in the boat when some bait fish started running and they were chasing them up and down the passage all night. Was a right old stink not long after they left it took me and another person 2 hours to clean the mess of guts and pure stench then turned out they also tied bags of bream onto the stairs you can use for boats. not a fun smell at 28 degress. :down: :down: :down: :down:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:18 am

saph wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:59 pm
Bugatti wrote:
saph wrote:
Wish i could find the pic i took of a fish cleaning table mess that was everywhere under it, spent more time cleaning and hosing it down then fishing that day not to mention the amount of beer bottles i had to remove from under the seats. How in christ can you drink that much beer and not think you should stop.

Back at the West Beach Boat ramp in the late evening, there are always about 5-6 Wheelie Bins evenly spaced across the wash down area. So there is no excuse for what goes on. Piles of discarded bait, berley, fish frames just dumped on the ground, two metres away from the wash down space for the boat and frustratingly, only two metres away from the mostly empty Wheelie Bins.

Disappointing

Cheers, Bugatti

Someone was cast netting next to the board walk (where the fish cleaning table is) and had a guy up on the board walk helping them out removing fish from the net and they were well over the limit but i didnt say anything as they had been drinking (i aint going up against someone with a giant knife at 5 am when its still dark) and instead of putting the fish back into the water or even using what they had already they just started making a pile of discarded fish worst part is they had already filled the bin and line disposale things with bottles and cans turned out the guy on the boardwalk had been there since 4pm drinking and then called his friend in the boat when some bait fish started running and they were chasing them up and down the passage all night. Was a right old stink not long after they left it took me and another person 2 hours to clean the mess of guts and pure stench then turned out they also tied bags of bream onto the stairs you can use for boats. not a fun smell at 28 degress. :down: :down: :down: :down:
"Some pigs are Fisherman , , , , but not all Fishermen are pigs"

saph

Post by saph » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:25 am

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:18 am
saph wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:59 pm
Bugatti wrote:
saph wrote:

Disappointing

Cheers, Bugatti

"Some pigs are Fisherman , , , , but not all Fishermen are pigs"
Worst offenders for it is those on holidays, always fun to have to local cops patrol whom i know (no im never in trouble just got to know them well) and have them fine people for the rubbish they drop with 0 cares. as for how i know the local cops, if you offer them cold drinks in heat waves they like you alot more even with the 8 inch filliting knife on you belt.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:42 am

saph wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:25 am

even with the 8 inch filliting knife on you belt.
Croc Dundee.jpg

Might have to start calling you "Sapha Dundee"

saph

Post by saph » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:08 am

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:42 am
saph wrote:

Croc Dundee.jpg

lol nah i carry my knife alot smaller and safer.
Attachments
photo_2018-03-23_14-59-57.jpg

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:22 am

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:42 am
saph wrote:

Croc Dundee.jpg

"Thats not a knife, this is a knife" :rofl: :rofl: legend!
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “General”