Fishing fine being waived

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Fishing fine being waived

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:55 pm

b.edrive@yahoo.com wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:01 am
Hi does anyone know if you receive a fishing fine for not having a fishing license can it be waived
No one will stop you from waving the piece of paper for all to see that you copped a fine.

Waive? Nah!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:57 pm

b.edrive@yahoo.com wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:05 am
4liters wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:35 am
You could try contesting it in court and arguing that the magistrate has no authority to enforce the fine because he/she did not swear the oath of office to the queen.
If I write them a letter and inform them i thought by having a health care card u can be excused do you think that would work
Ignorance (or intentional breach) of the law is not an excuse. Suck it up.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:26 am

Fisheries tell you that health care card was not acceptable ? I would of bought a license as advised by officer.

My daughter's friends were in the situation last year,and were told if you buy a licence online in front of them you would not get the fine,so they did and recieved no fine at all. The officer's did say to them it is less work by you buying a licence right now rather than all paper work to prosecute you.

So you should have paid for year if you intended to fish in the future. Most officer's are good ppl and would give you the benifit of the doubpt.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:33 am

gregmaka wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:26 am
Fisheries tell you that health care card was not acceptable ? I would of bought a license as advised by officer.

My daughter's friends were in the situation last year,and were told if you buy a licence online in front of them you would not get the fine,so they did and recieved no fine at all. The officer's did say to them it is less work by you buying a licence right now rather than all paper work to prosecute you.

So you should have paid for year if you intended to fish in the future. Most officer's are good ppl and would give you the benifit of the doubpt.
That sounds fair.
Plus, it doesn't cost much for a fishing licence here in VIC. The money goes back to the people too (e.g. fish stockings, jetties, cleaning tables).

TAS and New Zealand licenses are darn expensive.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Take it you have gone out n got a license for the next time you go fishing...?
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “General”