Your best looking catch.

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Bugatti

Re: Your best looking catch.

Post by Bugatti » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Not a fish that I caught, but it is the best looking fish that I have seen caught. Mate Don caught a 7 Gill Shark one night when we were fishing on Glenelg Jetty, South Australia. The photos don't do it justice. It went back in the drink after a couple of photos.

g6.jpg
g6.jpg (16.64 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
g7.jpg
g7.jpg (16.66 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
g9.jpg
g9.jpg (13.69 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

And then about a month later on Glenelg Jetty, a Victorian, The Colonel from That's Fishing.
Looks like it was an Ugly Competition, I think I won.
ps. Colonel, that bottle of Gruppa is waiting for you. But I also have some Greek homemade now , , , , Tzipiro (grow some hair on both our scalps)

g3.JPG
g3.JPG (32.22 KiB) Viewed 1355 times
g4.JPG
g4.JPG (16.33 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

Cheers, Bugatti

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:30 am

meppstas wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:07 pm
This was my best ever looking wild brown trout taken in a river, caught & released this 8 lb 8 oz brown on the last day of the trout season.
Two days earlier I caught a 5 lb 4 oz wild brown trout in the same river.. I probably have a few rainbow trout that are just as good in looks too..

cheers
Adrian

One very solid 3.85 kg brown..(Medium).JPG
My PB brown trout 3.85 kgs, Leven River, 29th April. (Medium).JPG
That's a superb looking trout! In such a good condition.

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:33 am

Bugatti wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:25 pm
Not a fish that I caught, but it is the best looking fish that I have seen caught. Mate Don caught a 7 Gill Shark one night when we were fishing on Glenelg Jetty, South Australia. The photos don't do it justice. It went back in the drink after a couple of photos.

g6.jpg

g7.jpg

g9.jpg

And then about a month later on Glenelg Jetty, a Victorian, The Colonel from That's Fishing.
ps. Colonel, that bottle of Gruppa is waiting for you. But I also have some Greek homemade now , , , , Tzipiro (grow some hair on both our scalps)

g3.JPG

g4.JPG

Cheers, Bugatti
:thumbsup:
Look at those spotty dots and the tail. Mesmerising. :fish22:

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:55 am

meppstas wrote:
This was my best ever looking wild brown trout taken in a river, caught & released this 8 lb 8 oz brown on the last day of the trout season.
Two days earlier I caught a 5 lb 4 oz wild brown trout in the same river.. I probably have a few rainbow trout that are just as good in looks too..

cheers
Adrian

Beautiful fish mate. Ahh that moment when you finally land it knowing it might be your fish of a lifetime.
Mines a bit less, estimated 7.5 lb, I think, only was carrying my pocket scales that go to 3kg which it just bottomed out. Nearly lost it several times amongst tree's. That moment when landed though :thumbsup:
IMG_20100119_122033_058.jpg
fishaholic wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:03 pm
Not my photo but it's one I found on the interwebs that really stood out for capturing a moment of sheer joy!

Here's another again not mine, but great colours!

Man I'd love to fight and catch that bottom one.
Bugatti wrote:

Cheers, Bugatti
That's a lovely looking pattern on that thing. Never knew they could be spotted.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:27 am

meppstas wrote:

cheers
Adrian

Wow Adrian what a beauty! Can tell that fish must have been a decent size by comparing it with the size of the lure in its mouth and the size of the fishes head :)

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:18 am

Bugatti wrote:

g6.jpg

g7.jpg

g9.jpg

g3.JPG

g4.JPG

Cheers, Bugatti
That's one ugly gorilla

The shark isn't too great either

:rofl:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:48 pm

meppstas wrote:

My PB brown trout 3.85 kgs, Leven River, 29th April. (Medium) (1)a.jpg
My PB brown trout 3.85 kgs, Leven River, 29th April. (Medium) (1)a.jpg (34.88 KiB) Viewed 1201 times

cheers
Adrian
Handsome looking Brown, Adrian. A trophy fish like that would have put a slight tremble in the knee, that's for sure. Nice

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:18 am

That's one ugly gorilla

The shark isn't too great either

:rofl:
The camera broke , , , , twice.

Funny story. The Colonel came up (mainly to see the two Jetty karts) and acted like a member of the public, not thinking we recognised him. About 20 mins into the conversation, we matter of fact mentioned him on his Show , , , , well, the Movie Star in him came out. Actually, we found him to be a down to earth bloke.

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:28 pm

This blue marlin was pretty colourful. Hard to capture in a photo though
D7EF0D9F-43F6-489A-83A0-CBB232A07569.jpeg

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Post by Tim399 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Cheers Brownie and Lx, my mate landed teddies at 45 and 45.5cm in the weeks leading up to that catch.

Those are some beautiful fish guys, it’s very interesting how fish can look so appealing to some (fishermen/fisherwomen) and not so much to others. Keep the pictures coming!

Jucfishing

Post by Jucfishing » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:15 pm

I caught this calamari on a nice day at lorne. I love the colour of the water in the background and the blue lines on the hood. The squid looks way smaller in the photo but it's hood length was about 35-40cm. I caught it on a Daiwa emeraldas nude 2.5 in glow stripe.
Attachments
Calamari compressed.JPG

Return to “General”