Landbased eden

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Re: Landbased eden

Post by Bayrock » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Hey I’m by no means a good lb fisho. I did lots in South Africa on other species but have only recently taken it up here. It’s beautiful up there and I’m dead keen to try again. I did not see many fishos on the beaches so my timing might’ve been very wrong

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:54 pm

If you don't want to fish rocks but want to get away from the crowds Navy Wharf is worthwhile. Go have a look at the pulpit while you're out there, even if you're not fishing it's a stunning spot.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Matthew drako
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Matthew drako » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:09 pm

Fishbref wrote:
Matthew drako wrote:Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I can get onto them especially off the navy wharf and Eden wharf which is closest to where I’m staying
Try the beach behind Eden cemetery; suss out the channel during the day and go an hour before sunrise with surf gear, cured pillies for bait - great tailor/salmon action every time...
Thanks mate, this is good to know as I’m staying at the caravan park close to the cemetery, where does the channel run might have a few flicks in the early morning around 6am with some metal slugs and some pillies.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 pm

Hope you get some mate. Good luck :)

Matthew drako
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Matthew drako » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:23 pm

Just to report back here is my detailed version of my trip.
Day one - went for a short spin off the beach for salmon to no avail(aslings beach)
Day two - hit up Eden wharf and was mesmerised of the size of the trevally lurking around was great fun with some monsters that would come up on the berley behind the wall of yakkas and BIG slimeys. The big trevally didn’t play the game but got onto a few smaller ones. Btw the breakwall wharf is being extended so was off limits so fished the one directly next to it.
Day 3 - hit up Merimbula jetty at 4am and managed a good feed of squid with Shimano white jig red head in a 2.5 doing 90% of the damage. Also saw some big tailor lurking and locals fishing their had got onto a few kings up to 10 kilos.
Day 4 - didn’t fish
Day 5 - hit up Merimbula wharf early again but struggled for only a couple squid this time around. Was a bit windy.
Day 6 - didn’t fish
Final day - hit up the navy wharf for a big flatly and a good feed of squid. Big problem was encountered with a plague of leather jackets everywhere. Couldn’t get any yakkas for live bait(managed one that also got eaten by a leather jacket) other blokes fishing also encountered the plague which was disappointing as they were max 10 cm long.
All in all a pretty good trip and can’t wait to go back.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:32 pm

Matthew drako wrote:Just to report back here is my detailed version of my trip.
Day one - went for a short spin off the beach for salmon to no avail(aslings beach)
Day two - hit up Eden wharf and was mesmerised of the size of the trevally lurking around was great fun with some monsters that would come up on the berley behind the wall of yakkas and BIG slimeys. The big trevally didn’t play the game but got onto a few smaller ones. Btw the breakwall wharf is being extended so was off limits so fished the one directly next to it.
Day 3 - hit up Merimbula jetty at 4am and managed a good feed of squid with Shimano white jig red head in a 2.5 doing 90% of the damage. Also saw some big tailor lurking and locals fishing their had got onto a few kings up to 10 kilos.
Day 4 - didn’t fish
Day 5 - hit up Merimbula wharf early again but struggled for only a couple squid this time around. Was a bit windy.
Day 6 - didn’t fish
Final day - hit up the navy wharf for a big flatly and a good feed of squid. Big problem was encountered with a plague of leather jackets everywhere. Couldn’t get any yakkas for live bait(managed one that also got eaten by a leather jacket) other blokes fishing also encountered the plague which was disappointing as they were max 10 cm long.
All in all a pretty good trip and can’t wait to go back.
Overall it doesn’t sound like a bad trip at all!
I absolutely love it up there as well and really want to get back there in the near future :)

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:00 pm

Ah, magical part of the world Sapphire Coast is...

Return to “General”