Why did this go so wrong

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Why did this go so wrong

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:48 am

For starters, I thought it would be good to post a fishing report, so I started with Yahoo, I couldn't up load photo;s from my phone at the time as the file was too big. So yesterday I managed to resize the photos and started uploading them, with the plan to add text later.

My first post on Yahoo was;

Finally managed to get on the score board. Between two of us we got a dozen today and had the boat home before the rain hit.

Please note I wrote a dozen between 2 of us.

Wolly Bugger

Re: Why did this go so wrong

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:51 am

Then on Sat 24th I wrote;

So roughly half way between Ricketts and Black rock, we drop anchor in lumpy conditions and as nothing was happening I decided to catch 40 winks in the cabin. I woke up as they were discussing about moving, then one rod went off.

I managed to squirrel my way to what turned to be the most advantageous position on the port side, all the fish were caught on the port side, the rods on the starboard side didn't even get a touch. We ended up with 13 snapper and run out of bait.

So there were more than two of us fishing and we caught 13 snapper.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:57 am

Nov 25th I get asked when am I going to put the photo's up.

So I up load 5 photos, all of them are different.

The first photo I up loaded showed 12 fish.

The second photo I up loaded showed 13 fish

The third photo showed fish in an esky.

The fourth photo showed 7 fish

The last photo I up loaded showed 8 fish and I think all of them were over 40cms

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:07 am

12 minutes after I uploaded the last photo, this comment is made.

In your post it says 2 people fishing and your last picture has 8 snapper well over 40cm
Snapper - Maximum 3 fish may be 40cm or over :down:

True, I did say two of us in the first post and I also said that we caught 12 fish. which the first photo shows and in my second post I wrote "I and they" so there were more than two of us fishing and we caught 13 fish.

Now I am not sure whether FishnHunt was accidentally being provocative, but he took it out of context and it has blown up out of all proportion.

Return to “General”