how many rods landbased fishing

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: how many rods landbased fishing

Post by hornet » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Enlarge and widen existing piers also build new ones that suit the fisherman.

They keep saying target 1 million but how about the infrastructure to support it ?
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:49 am

KeenAds wrote:Two is plenty. I personally usually only have one rod as I use plastics or artificial jigs.

Go down queenscliff pier at this time of the year there are guys with about 8 rods each and take up half the pier and have no respect for the law whatsoever.
Funny you mentioned queenscliff, I always use 1 rod there for squid jigging and have done better than those with 4 rods + taking up so much space. I also get told off for casting in between them mind you they have 5 meters between each rod. I didnt travel over an hour to be told I cant fish there, I'm not tangling up with anyone and I'm not stealing their squid away from their lure I just catch more cos I work hard on the jig action. Inconsiderate and selfish fishos realy grinds my gear :down:

StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Post by StarrangerAU » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:34 am

Depending on how busy the pier I am on is, and whether the fish are on the bite I will use 1, 2 or 3.

Though the rule book says a max of 4 is allowed... which is a bit much in my opinion. I do recall Fisheries will consider any rod/lines rigged ready to go (even if they are not in the water) will be counted towards that max.
Attachments
lines.jpg

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:47 am

dazz999 wrote:
Nightwish wrote:
bowl wrote:
dazz999 wrote:its now getting in to silly season how many rods per person do you think landbased at a pier myself i think two is plenty for example brighton pier two people are allowed eight rods and space them out at aprox 10ft apart where they put there wood chocks in thats a fair bit of pier taken im all good only take the one rod and do okay but what about the mum/dad who wants to take their kids out when they have a good chance to catch a fishj
Just cast in between them . Wood chocks??
so when they put their wood chocks in are they saying they don't want you fishing between their wood chocks? probably a stupid question.
yep
That being the case l am with Bowl,just cast in between them.
Two people shouldn't be allowed to take up almost 100ft of space between them especially if there are a lot of people fishing.

Return to “General”