Always tough this time of the year as temp rises in the bay the reds will chew! Very soon

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Born2fish

Always tough this time of the year as temp rises in the bay the reds will chew! Very soon

Post by Born2fish » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Over last week I have been sneaking out to see if I can snag an early season snapper. Well port Phillip bay north has been nothing but Tough! Sounding them has been hot and cold, but water temp I feel has been the issue.
With temp around the 11.5 to 12.3 mark has made it very tough. But in last few days I've noticed a spike in the temp jumping the average 12.3 to 13.3. With that have found more on sounder still no go! Doing all the right things fresh bait tide change sun set or sun rise and
Pressure rise. Today was a lot different we braved the ruff went point Wilson well temp was 13.9 at 3 am! We had smiles all over our faces now time for sounding and boy snapper were thick. Sounding them easy, but we sat it out for tide change and sun rise and for the ships to come through. And still no go if it's frustrating, but they are set to go nuts and day now I feel. It's hard at this time of the year but get out there have a crack I say no use sitting around waiting to hear they have gone nuts bet the trend setter and be the one doing the hard yards and getting the first bag!
By the way guys website is live!!!! Check it out
www.teamborn2fish.com.au.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Always tough this time of the year as temp rises in the bay the reds will chew! Very soon

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:53 pm

Definitely won’t be long now mate!
It’s an exciting time of the year :)

Born2fish

Re: Always tough this time of the year as temp rises in the bay the reds will chew! Very soon

Post by Born2fish » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Yer mate I'll be going consistaly till they go nuts

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Hopefully not long now

williwonder

Post by williwonder » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Yer tough going went out from Williamtown yesterday fished from 4- 1hr after sunset for one small pinky which was returned.
few other boats around which didnt do any better.
We only lost 3 baits between two of us.

I will give it another crack nxt week

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Hey born2fish any pics of the soundings to get us exited?

silly salmon

Post by silly salmon » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:04 pm

I agree, last few weeks been very quiet. Should be any day now that the reds start to bite.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:06 pm

On Ladbrokes your not number one to catch the first big red, b2f
Re-tyred and tripplett are up there, the favorite is a dark horse called bowl.
Cheers Gra

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:16 pm

Texas wrote:On Ladbrokes your not number one to catch the first big red, b2f
Cheers Gra
Haha I like that :thumbsup:

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Texas wrote:On Ladbrokes your not number one to catch the first big red, b2f
Cheers Gra
Hahahahahahahahah

Return to “General”