Always tough this time of the year as temp rises in the bay the reds will chew! Very soon

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Born2fish

Re: Always tough this time of the year as temp rises in the bay the reds will chew! Very soon

Post by Born2fish » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:29 pm

The warm water has started to push in the heads. It's now 13.8 was 2 days ago was 13!!!!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Always tough this time of the year as temp rises in the bay the reds will chew! Very soon

Post by Lightningx » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Great news!!! It’s going to happen very very soon now!!! :thumbsup:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Bit of luck I'll be out again Thursday morning about 4am ...depends on weather....
When U heading out again born2fish
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Thetunaslayer

Post by Thetunaslayer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:32 pm

My dad was out a few days ago.they only caught small snapper.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Where abouts did he go?

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:32 pm

bowl wrote:Bit of luck I'll be out again Thursday morning about 4am ...depends on weather....
Friday I hope

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 pm

:thumbsup:
Born2fish wrote:
bowl wrote:Bit of luck I'll be out again Thursday morning about 4am ...depends on weather....
Friday I hope
If Thursday fails , I'll be going Friday arvo
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:01 pm

B2f...when do you think you will get your first red mate? :)

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Born2fish wrote:The warm water has started to push in the heads. It's now 13.8 was 2 days ago was 13!!!!
So what happens? These snapper that everyone is waiting for...do they follow the warm water or are they already here chillin' and then become active when the water warms?
cheers
Team Bender
Knows FA about salt water fishing!

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:45 am

April Fool wrote:
Born2fish wrote:The warm water has started to push in the heads. It's now 13.8 was 2 days ago was 13!!!!
So what happens? These snapper that everyone is waiting for...do they follow the warm water or are they already here chillin' and then become active when the water warms?
cheers
Team Bender
Knows FA about salt water fishing!
They migrate to warmer climates. Western Victorian ones go to south Aus and the bight/ gulfs. Eastern vic ones go up the NSW coast with most of the other fish. If you look at interstate fish forums and facebook there has been some very nice snapper being caught from southern qld and central NSW in the last few months. They are following the 15-20c water temps.
Attachments
IDYOC300.NSW.SST.24.png
IDYOC300.SA.SST.24.png
IDYOC300.VICTAS.SST.24.png
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “General”