Fishing report and update My New Small company!!!!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Fishing report and update My New hobbie comany!!!!

Post by smile0784 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:58 pm

Mattblack wrote:
frozenpod wrote:Most likely winter reds rather than new season fish.

The water temp in bass strait is under 13 deg and the stronger currents plus warm water that brings the snapper from SA to PPB hasn't started yet.
you should think about bring out your own clothing range :thumbsup:
I think he is

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Hmmm reminds me of my Kayak Fishing brand :-D
Attachments
9B2564A7-970B-4CFD-9141-911F32E40BD2.jpeg
9B2564A7-970B-4CFD-9141-911F32E40BD2.jpeg (15.25 KiB) Viewed 469 times
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Dr Snapper » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:51 pm

frozenpod wrote:Most likely winter reds rather than new season fish.

The water temp in bass strait is under 13 deg and the stronger currents plus warm water that brings the snapper from SA to PPB hasn't started yet.
Could you please explain a bit more.
What is the temp in that bass straight gets to and the snapper start moving?
Do the strong currents start about the same time as the spring equinox? Does the moon cycle play a part in all of the snapper migration. Any other info.

Thanks.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:18 am

If you search you will find threads on this topic including posts by myself.

Basically there are PPB resident snapper (winter reds) that stay in PPB all year and others which migrate from SA to PPB and WPB.

IMO from my experience those which migrate normally come in waves with warm current pushing from the west.
You can follow the movement of fish matching fishing reports with warm current and water temperature.

Water temp for new season snapper to arrive is around 15 deg and they normally are easy to catch once the water temp is over 16 deg.

Current water temp outside the heads is about 12.5deg. There is some 14 deg water coming slowly which might bring fish but it looks to be 2 weeks away.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Great info frozenpond

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:44 pm

frozenpod wrote:If you search you will find threads on this topic including posts by myself.

Basically there are PPB resident snapper (winter reds) that stay in PPB all year and others which migrate from SA to PPB and WPB.

IMO from my experience those which migrate normally come in waves with warm current pushing from the west.
You can follow the movement of fish matching fishing reports with warm current and water temperature.

Water temp for new season snapper to arrive is around 15 deg and they normally are easy to catch once the water temp is over 16 deg.

Current water temp outside the heads is about 12.5deg. There is some 14 deg water coming slowly which might bring fish but it looks to be 2 weeks away.
Cheers, I was under the assumption they came in on the big tides during the full moon and then waited around to start feeding when the water hit the magical 16deg...coming in with the warmer currents seems a lot more logical

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Ur spot on mate I've been watch the set charts I guessed about 2 and half weeks away need a few west winds to help the current to move along bit quicker

Born2fish

Re: Fishing report and update My New hobbie company!!!!

Post by Born2fish » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:21 am

So my thoughts are outside the heads is say 14 the bay is 12. The snapper will sit off shore till the warm water moves in with tide. Also, my thoughts are there trigger point for breeding is between 16.c to 18c from what I understand.

Return to “General”