Seasickness

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Seasickness

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:36 pm

Yep easy fix dont drink alcohol the.night before

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:49 pm

A guy from my Ex work contacted me 6 months ago and wanted me to take him fushin
Ok I said we were going off Barwon Heads -I ask him about being Sick -His reply was -I was an Elect Engineer of a Cruise ship for 10 years -Ok I said
We went out on a big swell he was quiet-Thats the give away -He vomited about 6 times and just sat and said nothing
He was as crook as-I usually only go back in for Women and Kids that are crook -
It can happen to anybody

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:03 pm

I been fishing.for 20 years and probably get sea sick once every 20 or so trips.
All depends how fast the fish are biting lol

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:16 pm

I have come close once. On a trip with gawaine Blake on think big.
Everyone on the boat threw up bar the skipper. Deckie and myself. It was really bad...

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:35 pm

TheBull3478 wrote:I grew up shark fishing with my old man, caught my first mako when i was 7 years old. I get seas sick in bath water, have done all my life, i just persevered my whole fishing life and came to the conclusion i just get sea sick and bad luck. Never stopped me going fishing.

But........ One day a guy put me onto these pills. Havent been sea sick since and that was 10 years ago.
Do yourself a favour and forget kwells and all the other b******* that dose not work.
Get onto these pills

'Escape SeaSickness Pills' 1300 732 742
Kwells work for me 100% mate. Maybe they don't work for everyone but to bluntly say they dont work at all is a little naive imo.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:36 pm

I Don't mind saying I've had the odd spit at times, don't know why, it's never been a regular event, But I'll give you some mail,
If someone else on board starts, it generally get me going. But If I ever do, it's over and done with as soon as my breckie parts company with my gut.
Funnily enough, when I'm solo, I never ever have been.
However, an ex brother in law, who always came out with me, don't know why, cause he was a dead set chucker !
He couldn't control him self, thank god for deck washers, that's all I'll say, but he was damn important in offering variety in the burley Slick, so I will be ever grateful to him for that.
Hey, it's not a big deal, better out than in, nothing to be ashamed of,
Just use your head and recycle, one man's discard, is a fish feeding frenzy, Yeah !

Col

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:38 pm

sarsi wrote:Thanks everyone for the response. It is really embarrassing and my ego took a big hit - the missus and the kids were teasing me when I got home. Happy to know that I am not alone after all :banana: :banana: :banana:

Looks like Kwells work for some, while others use special tablets from compound chemists. I think I just need to figure out what will work for me as not everyone responds the same to a specific drug. Thanks canned_tuna for the precaution about side effects - will keep that in mind.
Lol yep

I feel a little ashamed when I have to admit I get seasick haha I dont know why, I guess that's nature of men to feel like nothing can harm us

Duffman

Post by Duffman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Travalcalm are a bit stronger than kwell.
When I first started fishing offshore i got really bad seasickness. Took qwell but ended up having to take too many. Half a Travalcalm the night before, 1 in the morning before launching and i was good. They can make you a little lethargic though. Be careful with how many you have. The more you fish the less likely you are to get sick. The signs are there that you have to go fishing more often. :a_goodjob:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:11 pm

I get crook in the mildest conditions, but only where there is ocean swell - the largest chop I've been out in on PPB hasn't been enough to get me sick (I was shitting my pants but that had more to do with the wind being 15 knots more than forecast lol). I've puked while fishing on the yak behind the lee breakwall at Portland and been utterly miserable one day at Shoreham when I forgot to take my pills and was fishing in half a meter of swell coming in through the western entrance.

I use Travelcalm, I've tried Kwells and they didn't do it for me. I just take one as I'm unloading the kayak and it'll see me through the day. They do make you drowsy though so maybe try one at home first if you're sensitive to these things.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:44 pm

See I find kwells better for me. I tried travel calm once and still felt queezy (although wasnt sick) and got all the side effects too. Kwells work awesome for me and never give me any side effects. I take 2 at a time every few hours... I dunno if that's too much but meh, it works.

Return to “General”