Boat show

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Boat show

Post by scott__henning » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:56 pm

purple5ive wrote:
scott__henning wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Isnt that for the pontiac or the 1959 charger or the soft top Plymouth
None of those sound like good tow vehicles, and are therefore useless to me :a_goodjob:
New INSHORE rig Im guessing :-D
Watch this space ;-)

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:16 pm

scott__henning wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Isnt that for the pontiac or the 1959 charger or the soft top Plymouth
None of those sound like good tow vehicles, and are therefore useless to me :a_goodjob:
Never can.have too many toys

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:42 pm

scott__henning wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
scott__henning wrote:
New INSHORE rig Im guessing :-D
Watch this space ;-)
Extreme 545....

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Lots of nice boats as always great to go along and see whats new to the market in boats and motors. I must say though the prices didn't seem any lower at the show then what you would get going to the dealers showroom.

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Millzee » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:08 pm

phil1818 wrote:
Millzee wrote:Went today and think I've fallen for the Bar Crusher 615br. We want an upgrade to do a bit more skiing but I still want a decent fishing boat for casting both fresh and salt water. Anyone heard anything good/bad about this model??
They look sh*t hot mate wouldn’t mind picking one up myself, ticks all the boxes as a great all rounder.. how much were they???
The floor model at the show was 83k, base boats start around 63k. Cheaper than having several boats, I really doubt I'd ever really need anything else but we all say that for the first year or so, lol. I'm thinking a small half bimini over the bow seats and then a set of clears around both biminis to creat a cabin like area for winter bay / tuna fishing. I'd probably remove the bimini / rocket launcher when chasing cod.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:12 pm

Good idea

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:15 pm

Millzee wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
Millzee wrote:Went today and think I've fallen for the Bar Crusher 615br. We want an upgrade to do a bit more skiing but I still want a decent fishing boat for casting both fresh and salt water. Anyone heard anything good/bad about this model??
They look sh*t hot mate wouldn’t mind picking one up myself, ticks all the boxes as a great all rounder.. how much were they???
The floor model at the show was 83k, base boats start around 63k. Cheaper than having several boats, I really doubt I'd ever really need anything else but we all say that for the first year or so, lol. I'm thinking a small half bimini over the bow seats and then a set of clears around both biminis to creat a cabin like area for winter bay / tuna fishing. I'd probably remove the bimini / rocket launcher when chasing cod.
That does sound great mate :thumbsup:

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:21 pm

You know what,
When I first started my re build, I did doubt it's viability, with regards to over capitalising.
But I have to say, kitting yourself up with a decent 5.5 to 6 mtr boat now days, will set you back a pretty penny !
I guess its all relative and it would certainly save a heap of blood sweat and tears, but it does make me feel a tad better about what I'm doing,
When I see the new boat prices ! Certainly not knocking those that buy new, don't get me wrong, just feeling a bit more comfortable with things as my cost of re building starting to climb rapidly. Of course I'd luv a new boat like anyone would ! but being in for near 50k ( including original Purchase price) suddenly makes it viable for what you end up with...and an option for some......just saying....

Col

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:59 pm

scott__henning wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
scott__henning wrote:
Texas wrote:Scott Hemming won't go near the boat show
Something to do with an empty wallet (last time)
:a_goodjob: I was there yesterday. Kept the expenditure under 6 figures this time which is nice :rofl:
Dont you already have 3 of everything lol
Only got 1 boat.....there is a spare bay in the shed..... ;)
Get a 445 Scott. You know you want to.

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:24 pm

ducky wrote:
scott__henning wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
scott__henning wrote:
Texas wrote:Scott Hemming won't go near the boat show
Something to do with an empty wallet (last time)
:a_goodjob: I was there yesterday. Kept the expenditure under 6 figures this time which is nice :rofl:
Dont you already have 3 of everything lol
Only got 1 boat.....there is a spare bay in the shed..... ;)
Get a 445 Scott. You know you want to.
Too small. The extreme 545 however.....

Return to “General”