New car time

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
A-a-ron
Has liked: 32 times

Re: New car time

Post by A-a-ron » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Stay away from Volkswagen Tiguans being a mechanic by trade they are nothing but trouble just like the range of Volkswagen’s. Nissan is owned mostly by Renault now, why the engines changed and it’s gone a bit bigger. Test out a Mazda CX-5 they’re great cars and have driven heaps of them.. they have everything you need and interior is laid out in perfect spots visually.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Gidday Col,
Thanks for your input, Yes, its been a bit of a mind explosion going through it all at the minute.
As mentioned, 95 % her car to get to work and her town run about, twice a year we will head country, and we do drive a fair distance and generally we head Ballarat way visiting every month or so.
So no towing or off road at all.
The thing is, in all these comparisons so far, I prefer the Xtrail, luv the size and the ride, but I'll only drive it that 5%, it's my wife that will have to put up with around town, super market car parks etc etc, that's the only thing that stops me pulling the trigger at the minute. The wife's a great driver, can drive my 4x4 ute when needed no problem, but her preference was for a smaller option. I prefer the all wheel option, never liked front wheel drive really, the xtrail has all the safety things I would want, but anything smaller are all 2wd. The other interesting note, is that I can pick up a demo Xtrail for around 27k, which isn't to bad, now I couldn't get Honda to match that with there 2 ltr CRV 2wd, and even there base model HRV was 27 k. Hyundai could match the Xtrail, but again that was for a 2wd, 2ltr. To me I think the Xtrail has more bang for the buck than either and the others struggle to match price.
So, I shall work on my wife and lets say " work the idea" for a few days and see if I can move her the Xtrail way. Being an Auto, it will be easier than the current old manual for her. So I've got another week and a bit before all these EOFY sales end, so will pull the trigger on something by then.
Then I'll have to sell the old Xtrail privately, something else to add to the to do list !!

col

M9085

Post by M9085 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:42 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:Col.. They have always been at the bottom of the food chain!

Anth
I’ve always thought us cabbies were at the bottom!
Moved up one spot, sweet.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:44 pm

:rofl:

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:08 pm

M9085 wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:Col.. They have always been at the bottom of the food chain!

Anth
I’ve always thought us cabbies were at the bottom!
Moved up one spot, sweet.
Nah mate. As long as you don't just stop suddenly in front of me to pick someone up, you're good in my books!

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:13 pm

My daughter has a Renault kolios & my son a Nissan squishy (I don't know the name)
They're large suvs though, both 4x4, both brought used & have done heaps of kms now
1 works in Whitehorse & the other in Glen Waverley- a long way from Hoppers
The main reason they got these cars is, the view of the road.
Personally, I'd get a Mazda hatchback, if it was just for running around town.
The main trouble with your xtrail is it's a manual. Most young people would not have seen a manual.
Bowl went through the same as you, but for different reasons.
His thread may help or hinder you
Good luck
Gra

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Hey Col .. seriously think you should get her this car.

Think about it - Parking issues solved, great view from the top and road ragers .. just squash them all IMHO :)

But more important for you - towing your glass boat is a breeze and if there's traffic at the ramp .. beach launch option is always there!!!

Disclaimer:
If your boat, trailer and towing vehicle is flatten anytime in the future, i personally will not be liable for those damages - she won't ever need her verbal karate black belt again.
Attachments
WifeyCar.jpg

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:19 pm

HaHaHa
VooDoo, its even her colour mate !
What do you mean if there's traffic at the ramp ?
With that beast I'd just go over the top of them ! no more snapper time launching issues...........LOL

Lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:41 pm

VooDoo wrote:Hey Col .. seriously think you should get her this car.

Think about it - Parking issues solved, great view from the top and road ragers .. just squash them all IMHO :)

But more important for you - towing your glass boat is a breeze and if there's traffic at the ramp .. beach launch option is always there!!!

Disclaimer:
If your boat, trailer and towing vehicle is flatten anytime in the future, i personally will not be liable for those damages - she won't ever need her verbal karate black belt again.
:rofl:

baitworms

Post by baitworms » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:45 pm

If your in the Dandenong Area.
Call in to berwickusedcars. BMG 257 princes H'way Hallam.
Ask for Shannon (son in law) finance manager and have a talk, they have 6 yards in the area New/used. (nothing in it for me)
Anybody is welcome to call in and talk to him. he'll help if he can.
I didn't but choose a 2004 landcruiser V8 via Grays, but then again I'm a mechanic.
good luck.

Return to “General”