3AW Rumour File

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: 3AW Rumour File

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:51 pm

phil1818 wrote:Would a couple of shopping trolleys actually hold fish tho?? Would it be big enough to keep them around??
Would of thought you’d need 50 of the bloody things to make a decent structure
in the Spencer gulf there are a fair few private reefs. some I understand may only be a few bricks.

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:03 pm

But would it be worth the massive stuff around to dump 1-2 trollys tho? Wouldn’t imagine a lot of fish setting up stumps and hanging around indefinitely or maybe iam wrong maybe I need to get down to Woolworths this weekend for a spot of trolley shopping :rofl:

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:11 pm

phil1818 wrote:But would it be worth the massive stuff around to dump 1-2 trollys tho? Wouldn’t imagine a lot of fish setting up stumps and hanging around indefinitely or maybe iam wrong maybe I need to get down to Woolworths this weekend for a spot of trolley shopping :rofl:
2x trolleys x5 trips would get a good reef going. Quite easy for the yocals!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:57 pm

Been told in tbe early days. People carried out shopping trolleys. Fridges. Tyres. Washing machines and stuff like that and dumped them in tbe bay.

I know of an estuary that has a Ford dash dumped in there.

I believe Chelsea 13m is pretty much man made..

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:06 pm

As was explained to me one day. Imagine throwing 50 people into a large empty factory. Where are they going to congregate? What if you bolt a table and a couple of chairs in the middle of the factory? Where would the group congregate then?

Ppb is a big soup bowl with not a whole lot going on. A bit of structure that over time turns into reef on what is otherwise a sandflat has a better chance of holding fish than open water.

Most charter operators will bounce from dump to dump marking fishing along the way.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:14 pm

phil1818 wrote:But would it be worth the massive stuff around to dump 1-2 trollys tho? Wouldn’t imagine a lot of fish setting up stumps and hanging around indefinitely or maybe iam wrong maybe I need to get down to Woolworths this weekend for a spot of trolley shopping :rofl:
:rofl:

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:18 am

Tbe best one i know is the 5 dime. Reef only a few kms off werrible south.

Its made up of washing machines that lou grorichich dumped there over a decade.(hes passed away now but he use to repair washing machines around the western subs)

Its been fantastic for nice snapper at the end off the season

There would be hundreds off these in ppb

I

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:11 am

Brett wrote:
Duffman wrote:I know of a reef in ppb made up of shopping trolleys

Rumoured to have been put there by a well known charter boat owner, or is this another one?
Does the charter operators name happen to rhyme with fat blunt?

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:05 am

My mate sunk hes dads boat for a reef when he passed away hes dads wishes was boat to be laid to rest at hes fishing spot and hes ashes spred over the boat before sinking
He went to water police and vfa asked for permissson before dieing they gave the ok for the zone cause its in more then 13m so wont cause a hazard and due to the fact a dieing wish
So the deal was motor removed fuel tank and all other parts juat the shell of the glass boat left
We went out was a sad day man tears and all my mate (life jacket on and rope to be safe ) hopped in hull said hes good byes spred ashes then removed bungs and jumped in police vessle watched her go down gps marked it and we now fish it so in a way he fishes with hes dad if you get what i mean
Out of respect i dont fish it with out him but we never see anyone fish it witch is good in away
Lets just say hes dad has hlepped us from down there get some cracking reds
Out of respect i will not disclose the location or mark if you can understand but yer under specal reasons they do allow it in controlled siatuations

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 am

Interesting...

Return to “General”