Albert Park with friends!

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Albert Park with friends!

Post by Lightningx » Sun May 27, 2018 8:33 pm

fishing_minnow wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:Well done champ! A gun fisho in the making.

Cheers, Anth
Thanks, Anth! I hope to get onto different species as well and try fishing in the ocean. At the moment, I have no clue on how to catch fish in the ocean. XD
You should mate!
Plenty of great species in the salt for you to target :thumbsup:

Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Dr Snapper » Sun May 27, 2018 9:27 pm

fishing_minnow wrote:

Cheers, Anth
Thanks, Anth! I hope to get onto different species as well and try fishing in the ocean. At the moment, I have no clue on how to catch fish in the ocean. XD
Hi minnow,
And others who have the “how to catch fish in the ocean” question, I was once in the same situation.
I joined my local fishing club (bay fishing) and the rest is history. Always a few people in any club that you Won’t get along with, but that’s life. If you don’t like the club, try another one.
I’m just back from catching 4 pinkie snapper and a flathead and lots of undersized. 5 Year’s ago, that was likely to be much less if not 0, but with lots of tips etc, I’m now catching fish in the ocean.
Try it, see how you go.

Cheers.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sun May 27, 2018 9:43 pm

That’s not a bad lb catch mate. Well done :thumbsup:

fishing_minnow

Post by fishing_minnow » Sun May 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Dr Snapper wrote:
fishing_minnow wrote:

Cheers, Anth
Hi minnow,
And others who have the “how to catch fish in the ocean” question, I was once in the same situation.
I joined my local fishing club (bay fishing) and the rest is history. Always a few people in any club that you Won’t get along with, but that’s life. If you don’t like the club, try another one.
I’m just back from catching 4 pinkie snapper and a flathead and lots of undersized. 5 Year’s ago, that was likely to be much less if not 0, but with lots of tips etc, I’m now catching fish in the ocean.
Try it, see how you go.

Cheers.
Thanks Dr Snapper, I will definitely consider the option. :cheers:

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sun May 27, 2018 11:05 pm

fishing_minnow wrote:

Cheers, Anth
If you ever need advice don't be afraid to send me a msg. Talk to as many people as you can and ask as many questions as you can. Watch youtube videos and read articles in fishing magazines and on the internet. You'll be catching fish on the regular in no time!

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:10 am

Expomnowcon wrote:I went there with the mrs for the first time today, got a golden perch (on my go-to lure for perch fishing in England!)
Nice one mate

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 28, 2018 8:00 am

Sent you a pm Fishing_minnow :)

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Mon May 28, 2018 8:17 am

FM , I've got some more plastics and things that have been collecting dust, just shoot me a reminder when we are fishing next.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

fishing_minnow

Post by fishing_minnow » Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am

smokin_reels wrote:FM , I've got some more plastics and things that have been collecting dust, just shoot me a reminder when we are fishing next.
Thank you, smokin_reels. I will be sure to let you know when I'm going next. :a_goodjob:

Expomnowcon
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Expomnowcon » Mon May 28, 2018 10:09 am

fishing_minnow wrote:

Cheers, Anth
I'm still learning too mate, I only moved to Australia (from London) in March so near enough everything here was a new species for me haha. I've ticked off 13 marine species so far and just the one Freshwater fish, heaps to go. As soon as my new casting rod gets delivered I'm definitely going to be targeting mulloway and murray cod!

Return to “General”