Forum for asking Fishing Questions

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
LachyBell

Re: Forum for asking Fishing Questions

Post by LachyBell » Wed May 23, 2018 10:32 am

Elly27 wrote:I will be asking questions every now and then on this forum to help me along the way as I go through my list of fish to catch!

My next one is Yellow Eyed Mullet, any advice?

I am thinking of using Chicken as bait, I will be trying Balcome Creek Beach
burley like a madman, i also like to use dough as bait

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed May 23, 2018 11:19 am

Lightningx wrote:
Elly27 wrote:I will be asking questions every now and then on this forum to help me along the way as I go through my list of fish to catch!

My next one is Yellow Eyed Mullet, any advice?

I am thinking of using Chicken as bait, I will be trying Balcome Creek Beach
I have caught plenty of mullet with small bits of chicken :thumbsup:
But those were brown-eyed mullets. They don't count. Next he will chase blue-eyed mullets and anchovies

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Wed May 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Brett wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Maybe justt do some research on google and after you tried all the options on there ask for advice on here

So what's this place for? To dribble sh1t like you and LX do all day everyday ffs :down:

The guy is on a fishing forum, he wants to ask fishing questions, it's not unreasonable to expect some advice from other members on how to go about it.
Thank's for saying that, saved me the trouble, for God's sake the guy s asking a fishing question on a fishing forum :thumbsup:

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Wed May 23, 2018 12:27 pm

smile0784 wrote:"Some advice"
Not step by step guide to catching every fish in victoria. Ffs as you put it.

It would be more productive if he tells us what he has tried or planning to try in the way of rigs, rod and bait and whats not working so we can fine tune his techniques and get him onto some fish.

As you can see there already has been 1 smart ass comment on this thread And in his last thread people where already having a go at him on more then a few occasion.
Simple answer is if you have nothing constructive to say then you are not compelled to say anything, maybe you could ask him some more leading questions instead of just replying with crap, two sides to every story

Thetunaslayer

Post by Thetunaslayer » Wed May 23, 2018 12:35 pm

All you need to do is follow his posts.hes a dead set troll.just taking the **** from good people.the first two responders today were straight onto him.
Brett was correct those smile and lighting x ramble on all day about nothing guessing its a competion to post the most bull posts between them..anyway im off to portland today with my dad.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed May 23, 2018 12:38 pm

repspec wrote:wow...this poor bloke (not sure if its a troll or not) but is asking for fishing advice and getting shot down.

yelloweye Mullet
- depending on if you can drive, head to Patterson river or Tooradin or mordialloc creek
- Use small long shank hooks (10, 12, 14)
- small pieces of chicken or whitebait/bluebait
- Dont use pippis as they are expensive and too soft
- patternoster rig with sinker on the bottom and 2 hook above that
or use a float rig, similar to garfishing
- use breadcrumbs and tuna oil as a burley...handful when you start and through a handful every now and then.

If you plan to eat them, bleed them straight away and take out the black gut lining when you clean them.

Or if you plan on using them for bait, you can use a bait trap to catch them. check out this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOoKHyGY9V8

the other thing is, try find books on fishing in australia...Thats how i learnt a lot about fishing when i was growing up...or go to tackle shops...they are more than happy to help
Some great advice there!
Many times I have been and they haven’t been around but burleying hard has brought them around :thumbsup:

Elly27
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Elly27 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Really appreciate the advice everyone, sorry but I am not trolling. I was honestly asking as the fishing book calls it "Yellow Eyed Mullet"

I will stop asking questions here if it is just angering people, it is just hard to ask tackle stores as I like getting to the spots early to familiarise myself. I will try the burley and rigging which you have mentioned

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Wed May 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Thetunaslayer wrote:All you need to do is follow his posts.hes a dead set troll.just taking the p1ss from good people.the first two responders today were straight onto him.
Brett was correct those smile and lighting x ramble on all day about nothing guessing its a competion to post the most b******* posts between them..anyway im off to portland today with my dad.
Glass half empty much?, you obviously know this person, what about looking on the positive side, I reckon he is genuine

cantcatchem

Post by cantcatchem » Wed May 23, 2018 12:59 pm

Elly27 wrote:Really appreciate the advice everyone, sorry but I am not trolling. I was honestly asking as the fishing book calls it "Yellow Eyed Mullet"

I will stop asking questions here if it is just angering people, it is just hard to ask tackle stores as I like getting to the spots early to familiarise myself. I will try the burley and rigging which you have mentioned
No need to stop asking questions, but maybe give us a bit more info as to where you want fish and if you are using lures or bait, you know that kind of thing. The yarra and the marybrnong are full of mullet and easy to catch on small of pieces of worms or bread or pipi, most piers have mullet hanging around them, just burley up close to the pier and you will get some, lots of options and they make great Gummy and Mulloway bait also

Elly27
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Elly27 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:04 pm

cantcatchem wrote:
Elly27 wrote:Really appreciate the advice everyone, sorry but I am not trolling. I was honestly asking as the fishing book calls it "Yellow Eyed Mullet"

No need to stop asking questions, but maybe give us a bit more info as to where you want fish and if you are using lures or bait, you know that kind of thing. The yarra and the marybrnong are full of mullet and easy to catch on small of pieces of worms or bread or pipi, most piers have mullet hanging around them, just burley up close to the pier and you will get some, lots of options and they make great Gummy and Mulloway bait also

I mentioned Balcombe Creek Beach and was going to try Chicken. I will try the patternoster rig with long shanks and a light sinker

Return to “General”